Kids II Prayer Friends

A Cute Pal to Pray With (Kids II Prayer Friends)

Aug 21, 2002 (Updated Aug 22, 2002)

Pros:Helps teach children their bedtime prayers.

Cons:The prayer would not apply to all religions.

The Bottom Line: Teach your child the latest version of the bedtime prayer you remember from your childhood with Kids II Prayer Friends.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to go back to church. I wanted to give my children a good moral foundation, and a great group of people to grow up around. I really enjoyed my church as a child, and am happy to be able to provide the same for my children.

Along with going to church, I was hoping to teach my son to say a bedtime prayer before he goes to sleep every night. He is great at memorizing things, so I thought he would really enjoy this part of the bedtime ritual. Unfortunately, the prayer I remember as a child contained the phrase "If I should die before I wake", which I don't really like-especially since my son (although only 2 1/2), is quite inquisitive, and I wasn't ready to get into the details of death with him.

Enter the Kids II Prayer Friends. My step-mother gave my son his bedtime buddy as a way of welcoming him into the church family. Not only is his new stuffed doggie a great cuddly toy for bedtime, but he's a great introduction to the bedtime prayer as well!

The dog himself is super cuddly! He's made out of a super soft material, that makes you just want to snuggle with him, and rub him against your cheek. The puppy is white with lime green spots, and peach paws. He's (or she's) also wearing a lavendar bow around it's neck. The puppy has his hands folded in front of him, and has his eyes closed, as if in prayer. The puppy is floppy, and contains no small parts that would be unsafe for an infant.

If you press the belly of the Prayer Friend, you'll hear a young child's voice reciting a bedtime prayer. This is an updated version of the prayer I remember from my childhood.

Now I lay me down to sleep.
I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
The Angels watch me through the night.
Until I wake at morning light.
Amen.

I really like this version of the prayer, and it is easy for my son to remember, and say all by himself. The child's voice is a little hard to understand, as it's a little breathy, so you may have to say it with the doll a few times.

A warning: If your child does sleep with the dog, you may want to remove it from the bed after the child has fallen asleep. If your child rolls over onto the dog, it may start to recite the prayer. Trust me, this is not something you need at 4 o'clock in the morning!

The dog cannot be thrown into the washing machine, which is a shame. It has the voice box inside, so that cannot get wet. It can be surface washed though, and does come fairly clean.

My son loves cuddling with his Prayer Friend, and hates to go to bed without it. He learned the prayer in a short amount of time, but still likes to say it along with the doggie. The dog is one of his constant bedtime companions.

If you are looking for a great, and cuddly way to teach your child to say their bedtime prayers, then definitly look into the Kids II Prayer Friends. There are a wide variety of styles, including a teddy bear.

This Prayer Friends would even make a great shower gift. The doll is soft and cuddly enough for an infant, with no small parts that they can swallow. Any child that sleeps with stuffed animals, and wants to learn a bedtime prayer would be happy to own one of these friends.

Amount Paid (US$): gift
Type of Toy: Stuffed Toy
Age Range of Child: Whole Family

Kids Ii Prayer Friends Musical Pull String Crib Toy Green Frog Freddy

Kids Ii Prayer Friends Musical Pull String Crib Toy Green Frog Freddy

This listing is for a NWT Kids II Prayer Friends Musical Pull String Crib Toy Green Frog Freddy. Plays Now I lay me down to sleep... Measures 11 inche...

Kids Ii Bright Inspirations Prayer Friends Musical Toy Talking Crib Puppy Dog

Kids Ii Bright Inspirations Prayer Friends Musical Toy Talking Crib Puppy Dog

You are bidding on a new with tags (tags show wear) Kids II Bright Inspirations Prayer Friends Musical Pull Toy. Squeeze the belly to hear the classic...

Bright Inspirations Kids Ii Prayer Friends Lamb Sheep Buttercup Lovey

Bright Inspirations Kids Ii Prayer Friends Lamb Sheep Buttercup Lovey

NEW (in box) Kids II Bright Inspirations Prayer Friends. Buttercup is either a lamb or sheep- not sure. Unfortunately the voice mechanism battery must...

Kids Ii Bunny Praying Prayer Jesus Loves Me Pink/grey Musical Plush Toy

Kids Ii Bunny Praying Prayer Jesus Loves Me Pink/grey Musical Plush Toy

KIDS II PRAYER FRIENDS BUNNY PINK/GREY JESUS LOVES ME MUSICAL NEW click picture to enlarge click picture to enlarge click picture to enlarge NOTE: PLE...