Kinerase C8 Peptide Intensive Treatment 1 oz (1145853) Reviews

Kinerase C8 Peptide Intensive Treatment 1 oz (1145853)

Kinerase C8 Peptide Intensive Treatment: Extremely Expensive and Kind of Lame

Jan 18, 2010

Pros:non-greasy, pleasant scent, absorbs well

Cons:doesn't do anything for me that my moisturizer isn't already doing, cost is insanely high

The Bottom Line: If you have an extra hundred dollars lying around, I still recommend buying something cheaper and more effective.

At Christmas I received a fun box of various skin care product samples put together and sold at Sephora.  I was curious about Kinerase C8 Peptide Intensive Treatment, partly because I had never heard of it before and partly because when I looked up the retail product, I found out that it is very expensive.  Based on my use of the product, I would not spend my money on it.

Description

My sample tube of this is a small white tube with information printed on the front in blue.  The Kinderase brand name is rendered in gray.  The back of the tube offers a bit more information in black, but not a lot more... just the directions and a caution that the product is for external use only.  To be honest, I wasn't sure what this product was even meant to do before I went to the Kinerase website.  The tube has a white cap that twists off, revealing a small opening through which the treatment can be dispensed.

The treatment itself is a white substance that is like a light cream in texture.  Kinerase's website calls it a "serum," but I always think of serums as liquids and this product is thicker than that.  It does have a very light, slightly citrus-y scent, but it's not something that is noticeable unless you deliberately set out to smell it.

As for what this treatment is supposed to do, here's what the product's website has to say:

Used once daily, this powerful yet gentle treatment serum is proven to conquer damage at every level, restoring your skin's delicate beauty. You'll see visible improvements in the appearance of wrinkles, skin tone and texture to reveal a healthier-looking complexion.

It also goes on to state that the treatment is non-comedogenic and formulated for all skin types.  Green Tea, Vitamin E, Vitamin C and kinetin are included as ingredients, as well as Snap-8, which Kinerase.com claims "reduces the depth and appearance of wrinkles caused by repetitive facial expressions up to 34.9%."

Use and Experience

The directions on the back of the sample tube read as follows: Massage 38 Peptide all over the face, neck and décolletage in the morning before your moisturizer.

I've been using this in basically the way that the back of the tube prescribes, although I have only been putting it on my face and my neck.  (In Minnesota, décolletage is pretty much never seen except for a few warm weeks in summer.)  After washing my face and neck in the morning, I smooth a small amount of the treatment over my skin.  It is not at all greasy and it absorbs instantaneously.  The tiny amount of scent that the C8 has disappears quickly.  After a moment, I follow it up with my day cream, eye cream, and base makeup and I'm almost ready for the day.

While the treatment does absorb nicely into my skin and I think it's been giving me a bit of extra hydration, I haven't really felt or seen any results from my use of it.  My skin isn't smoother and it doesn't look any different.  The few lines that I have in my face are not diminished in any way.  It's just kind of... nothing.  I've used it every day for a week and a half, and I'm completely underwhelmed.  Either I would need to use a lot more of this than I have (and I can't afford that, even if I want to experiment), or this is just a very expensive product that doesn't do much other than feel pleasant and add a bit of moisture.

If you have an extra hundred dollars to spend on a product that might be effective at diminishing wrinkles, this product could be a fun experiment.  For most people, though, I think this would be a waste of money.  The ingredients in it are high quality, but that doesn't necessarily translate to effectiveness.

Cost and Where to Buy

While I have never seen this product on a store shelf, Sephora.com carries it, so it is likely on the shelves at brick and mortar Sephora stores as well.  You can also order online from Kinerase themselves at http://www.kinerase.com/.  The bad news is that this product retails for $98.00 an ounce.  That goes beyond expensive and into absurd territory for me; even if I loved the C8 Intensive Treatment I'd have a hard time justifying paying that price.

Ingredients list: Water, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Stearic Acid, Kinetin, Acetyl Octapeptide-3, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Panthenol, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Tromethamine, PPG 12/SMDI Copolymer, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

Kinerase C8 Peptide Intensive Treatment
isn't a harmful product, it's just a wildly expensive one that doesn't seem to do much - at least for me.  Maybe if I had a larger sample I'd use it longer and see some results, but there's no way I'd pay $98.00 one ounce of it just to find out.  2 stars.

eBay Message For Support Customers From Brazil Please Note: Due to slow customs clearances in Brazil we expect orders to take around a month or more f...