Kingston 2 GB SD Card - (SDC/2GBKR) Reviews

Kingston 2 GB SD Card - (SDC/2GBKR)

Remember the floppy drive?

Jan 11, 2008

Pros:small, fast, 2gb size

Cons:never know if you'll lose it

The Bottom Line: Make sure your devices are compatible with it and try to get a free mini adaptor. A definite buy.

This particular product is fantastic. I use it in my tmobile MDA phone and it works flawlessly. I also use it with my laptop with the help of a mini sd adaptor that fits right into the normal sized sd card reader located on the side of my laptop.

Its about 3/4" by 3/4" and care needs to be taken that it is either left in the drive or stored in some sort of larger case. Id imagine it could easily be lost.

I was looking for a 4gb version, which is available, yet be forewarned that the 4gb versions of these mini sd cards are made differently and usually not compatible with devices such as phones and cameras that were purchased prior to their release...definitely look into compatibility issues before purchasing a larger sized one. In the meantime this card is sufficient, though I myself would like to see them go much larger, obviously. I have no doubt they will.

With this card I can hold either 3 pocket dvd full length movies, or hundreds of songs and thousands of pics, or many thousands of files...not all combined of course, but examples are provided to relate the capacity of this card.

I purchased this on ebay for about $28 and I havent encountered a problem for the 16 months I have thus far owned it. It works just like any other normal sized sd card, but its great for phones that dont want to sacrifice options or space for a larger card. These are definitely the wave of the future. Remember the 1.4mb floppy drive? Which actually outlasted its welcome in my opinion? Well this little miniature sized card is equivalent to 1428 hard floppies. Its about time!

Kingston 2 GB 2GB SD Flash Memory Card SDC/2GBKR for Camera Phones Computers New Brand new retail package as pictured Product Features Capacity: 2 GB ...