Kingston 2 GB SD Card - (SDC/2GBKR) Reviews

Kingston 2 GB SD Card - (SDC/2GBKR)

Handy accessory from trusted memory source

Jun 11, 2008

Pros:Works as it is supposed to. Comes with mini and regular SD adapters.

Cons:None so far.

The Bottom Line: Great memory accessory for cell phones and other microSD capable devices.

After the last few cell phone upgrades, I noticed that I was accumulating old pictures on them that I did not want to lose. I also wanted to transfer my images directly to my computer without going through the hoops and hurdles of uploading and downloading on my carrier's service. So, I finally decided to make use of the SD slot on my cell phone.

Thanks to my usual delay in adopting new technology, I was able to benefit with the Kingston MicroSD 2GB card. I purchased it online from newegg for only $10 with free shipping. I have purchased other products from Kingston and have been happy with their performance so I was not surprised with the value of this little card either. I initially needed it only for transferring images on my cell phone, but soon realized the breadth of its use.

The card can be purchased alone, but I bought the kit that included a miniSD and regual SD adapter. Apparently, newer kits come with a USB adapter as well, which would relieve you of the need for a card reader. Since I have one, that is not a problem and I have had no trouble using this card to transfer files from my phone to my PC and vice versa. Transfer speeds appear to be in line with SC cards from other manufacturers, although I have not actually clocked the speeds.

I have also used it as an SD card in my canon powershot. I have also used it as a memory card for my wii. Once you have the adapter, you can use it for additional cards. I am ordering another one for my wife for her cell phone.

The micro card is tiny, however, so you need to be careful not to lose it. I usually keep it in the full sized adapter and case to prevent this.

Kingston 2 GB 2GB SD Flash Memory Card SDC/2GBKR for Camera Phones Computers New Brand new retail package as pictured Product Features Capacity: 2 GB ...