Kiss My Face Moisture Cream Night

Kiss My Face All Night Moisture Creme does a nice job on dry skin.

Jan 15, 2007 (Updated Mar 4, 2007)

Pros:excellent moisturizer, no artificial ingredients or colors, no animal testing

Cons:disgusting rose fragrance, may be too rich for some skin types

The Bottom Line: Kiss My Face needs to re-think the fragrance of this otherwise-perfect night cream.

Kiss My Face is a line that I don't have much experience with. I have tried only three of their products and hated two of them (Honey & Calendula Moisturizer and Eyewitness Repair Creme). The one product that I liked is one that I still really enjoy and use regularly: Olive & Aloe Moisturizer. After being disappointed with two of the three Kiss My Face items that I tried, I was not willing to experiment further with the line. I figured that I would just stick to the moisturizer that I liked and ignore the rest of the brand.

Just before the end of the year, my boyfriend placed a big order of cough and cold supplies from drugstore.com. (He had a couple hundred dollars left in his FSA account that he had to use by December 31st or he'd lose the money.) One of the reasons that I love ordering from drugstore.com is that they often include gifts with purchase when you spend above a certain dollar amount. In fact, we actually wound up with two free items in this last order, one of which was a full-sized jar of Kiss My Face All Night Moisture Creme. After I finished laughing at the fact that my boyfriend was sent rose-scented night cream, I swiped the jar and made a point of trying this product that very night.

Product Description
From packaging: Night time is the right time to nourish. The Oils of Olives, Sweet Almonds, Wheat Germ and Avocados; Flower Essences like Chamomile & Rose Petal are blended with nourishing Vitamins A, D & E, and Carotene so that nature can work while you sleep.

Packaging
Kiss My Face All Night Moisture Creme is sold in a translucent white 3.75 ounce plastic jar with a navy blue screw-on lid. When I first picked up this jar I was surprised at how heavy it is. It definitely would hurt if you dropped it on your foot or something. There is no recycling code or information on the packaging which is disappointing and surprising considering that Kiss My Face is a company that uses all-natural ingredients and does not support animal testing. Usually the "no animal testing" and "please recycle this packaging" statements go hand and hand but apparently not for this product.

Texture
This cream is very thick and rich. It has a firm consistency and you literally have to scoop out some product with your fingers. Kiss My Face All Night Moisture Creme spreads easily across skin and most of it absorbs fairly quickly. A dab of this product goes a very long way in covering your face and neck. I suggest avoiding your undereye area when using this product as it is so rich that it will probably cause milia. Immediately after application, you will notice a slight residue that feels like a combination of greasiness and softness. Of course, this product is designed to be applied at bedtime and absorb completely into skin during the course of the night. When you wake up in the morning, skin feels hydrated but not greasy or oily.

Because this product is so thick and it tends to leave a "layer" on skin after application, it would make a great protective cream for those who work or play outside during cold or windy weather. The physical barrier that it creates would help to protect skin from chapping and windburn.

Fragrance
As usual, I just dove into using this product without really reading the label. When I put Kiss My Face All Night Moisture Creme on my face, I was immediately reminded of my grandmother. I smelled the jar and thought about it. Smelled the jar again and racked my brain but I couldn't put my finger on exactly what the cream smelled like. As soon as I read the product information, I knew what I was smelling: rose. According to the ingredients listing, this product contains Rose Petal Extract and Rose Essential Oil. While I love my grandmother dearly, she always has these funky little soaps in her bathroom that smell like roses and it just isn't a fragrance that I enjoy. This cream also contains sweet almond oil, aloe vera, lavender, sage, marigold, fennel and even watermelon but all I smell is rose. Yuck.

Ingredients
There are lots of flower ingredients in this product which can cause problems for those with sensitive skin.

Purified Water, Wheat Germ Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Soybean Oil, Glycol Stearate, Avocado Oil, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Lecithin, Beeswax, Carotene, Isopropyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Vitamins A & D, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Olive Oil, Aloe Vera, Extracts of Chamomile, Marigold, Sage, Yarrow, Orange Blossoms, Lavender, Elder Flowers, Fennel, Rose Petal, Watermelon, White Willowbark, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, and Rose Essential Oil.

Cost and Availability
The suggested retail price for this product is $10.00. You can find the Kiss My Face line sold in natural food stores, some grocery stores, vitamin/supplement shops and also online at both drugstore.com and the company's web site. The Kiss My Face site has a store locator feature to help you find their products in your area.

Overall Opinion
I have to admit that I was fairly nervous the first night that I used Kiss My Face All Night Moisture Creme. It was so thick and left a layer on my face that I was sure would make my skin break out. After almost two weeks of use, I am pleased to report that there have been no issues in that department. My skin which was somewhat dry prior to use is now hydrated and soft. I love the performance of this night cream and would rate it as one of the best that I've ever used.

I do not, however, like the strong rose fragrance of this product. This is the year 2007 not 1957. No one is making rose-scented skin care products anymore. There's a reason for that. It is a tough call to say if I will purchase Kiss My Face All Night Moisture Creme when I finish off this jar. To me, the scent is THAT off-putting.

This product is an excellent night creme for those who require extra moisturizing performance. I am knocking off one star for the nasty fragrance.

Kiss My Face Moisture Shave Cool Mint -- 11 fl oz

Kiss My Face Moisture Shave Cool Mint -- 11 fl oz

Our 4-in-1 shave cream is second to none! First, Vitamin E and oils soften your skin. Second, our creme formula provides a smooth, close shave. Next, ...
Vitacost.com

2 Kiss My Face Moisture Shave Fragrance Free Shave Cream, 4 Oz. Each

2 Kiss My Face Moisture Shave Fragrance Free Shave Cream, 4 Oz. Each

2 Kiss My Face Moisture Shave Fragrance Free, 4 oz. each 2 Brand New Bottles of Kiss My Face Moisture Shave For Face Body Fragrance Free This product ...

Kiss My Face - Liquid Moisture Soap Fragrance-Free - 9 oz.

Kiss My Face - Liquid Moisture Soap Fragrance-Free - 9 oz.

Kiss My Face Liquid Moisture Soap Fragrance-Free (266 mL) Place Kiss My Face Fragrance Free moisture soap wherever there's a tap and use it regularly ...
LuckyVitamin.com

Moisture Shave Fragrance Free 11 Oz Kiss My Face, Shaving Cream

Moisture Shave Fragrance Free 11 Oz Kiss My Face, Shaving Cream

Kiss My Face frangrance free moisture shave. Our Fragrance Free Moisture Shave contains a moisturizing formula with antiseptic Peppermint to cool and ...

Skin Cream Care Pack Of 4 Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Moisture Shave 11oz Pumps

Skin Cream Care Pack Of 4 Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Moisture Shave 11oz Pumps

Product Details: Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Moisture Shave, 11-Ounce Pumps (Pack of 4) Our Fragrance Free Moisture Shave contains a moisturizing form...

www.Advantagenutrition.com
Get Shipped Quick Skin Cream Care Pack Of 4 Kiss My Face Fragrance Free Moisture

100% Authentic-- Guaranteed Brand New! Item Description Our Fragrance Free Moisture Shave contains a moisturizing formula with antiseptic Peppermint t...

Kiss My Face Cool Mint Moisture Shave 11 fl. oz

Kiss My Face Cool Mint Moisture Shave 11 fl. oz

Cool Mint Moisture Shave 11 fl. oz. Our Cool Mint moisture shave is a moisturizing formula with highly effective natural essential oils extracts and v...
PureFormulas.com