KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan 325 Watts Stand Mixer Reviews

KitchenAid KSM150PS Artisan 325 Watts Stand Mixer

Adequate, but not superior

Apr 9, 2010
Rated Show

Pros:Versatility.  Many attachments.  Mixes superbly.

Cons:Lack of power.  Power is only adequate.  Rattles & Shakes when kneading dough.

I happily own 2 Artisan mixers (One black and one white).  I bought the white as a "referbished" model and have had no problems whatsoever.  The black has remained unused in the box as future replacement for the white.

I use the mixer often to knead bread dough.  It works well enough, although the minimal power is of the Artisan is apparent with sluggish effort to knead tighter doughs.

I also have several attachment features (meat grinder, shredder & slicer, etc.)  These are generally made of hard plastic, metal would be better.  When pushing hard vegetables like carrots or bread throught the grater/slicer attachment, the Artisan whines with effort, but still does the job well.

The main draw back of the Artisan is the LACK OF POWER.  I would love to upgrade to the Ultra Power or Pro models.  But, for the average home cook, the Artisan suffice.

SHOP IN THE U.S.A. AND HAVE PACKAGES FORWARDED TO YOUR INTERNATIONAL ADDRESS New In Box KitchenAid Aqua Sky Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer - Made in the ...