KitchenAid KP26M1XCV 575 Watts Stand Mixer
(3 Epinions reviews)
Epinions Product Rating:
Powerful Mixer Ready For Anything
Dec 21, 2012 (Updated Dec 23, 2012)
Review by sladowski
Rated a Very Helpful Review
Pros:Strong motor, easy to use, handles heavy loads easily
Cons:Heavy, takes about a square foot of counter space.
The Bottom Line: I found there is nothing like a stand mixer. Mixer works while you do other things.
I bought this mixer about six months ago, and used it now and them. But with the holidays, it was given a workout during my wife’s annual cookie weekend when all her sisters get together for a weekend of cookie making.
Recommend this product?
The mixer is great. More powerful than any mixer I have owned. Her are the Pros and Cons:
- Extremely powerful, with a well controlled speed switch.
- Has power at all speeds.
- While the motor sounds like a hum of a heavy machine, I do not understand the comments that it is very noise. It is louder than a small hand mixer, but not annoying. It has a deeper sound than a hand mixer.
- For those that have not used a stand mixer before, you are in for a treat. Just put your ingredients in and let it run. You can walk away and do other stuff.
- Handles heavy dough well
- Has a single beater that is much easier to clean than the standard twin beaters,
- Has an assortment of beaters, including a whisk and a dough hook.
- Can handle an array of attachments. I bought the vegetable grater and it is great for grating cheese for pizza.
- The size of the bowl is huge. Was able to whip about 10 large potatoes for mashed potatoes with room to spare. Also OK for small batches.
- Don't expect to fit the bowl in your dishwasher. After many repositionings, I did get it in mine, but comes very close to hitting the sprayer arm.
- Beating often takes longer than with the standard twin beaters. In the case of my mashed potatoes, considerably longer. I do not find this too annoying since I can turn the mixer on and let it run while I do other stuff.
- It takes a bit to get used to putting the beaters in since that must be done with the bowl in place and filled with your ingredients. Not hard, but since you can’t tilt the head back, you will need to get used to this.
- I find that with my mashed potatoes, I need to used the big beater and finished it with the whisk, otherwise there tends to be small lumps. If potatoes are soft, you can start with the whisk.
- Takes a sizable footprint on your counter. I now used this so much, I don’t mind. But it would be quite heavy to keep moving in and out of a closet.
In all, I could not go back to my old hand mixer. I even bought an extra bowl for my wife’s cookie weekends. I bought the mixer through Costco with a $30 instant rebate. Looks like their price is considerably better that what I have seen. Costco also sells the 5.5 quart stand mixer at times. I believe the 6 quart comes with a more powerful motor, so I would stick to that.
Share this product review with your friends
BRAND NEW IN THE BOX SquareTrade © AP6.0 KitchenAid Professional 600 Series 6-Quart Stand Mixer
Type Stand Mixer Body Material Metal Bowl Material Stainless Steel Bowl Handles Yes Mixing Speeds 10 Speeds Hub Cover Yes Power 575 Watts
SHOP IN THE U.S.A. AND HAVE PACKAGES FORWARDED TO YOUR INTERNATIONAL ADDRESS KitchenAid Professional 600â„¢ Series Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer Flour Powerâ„...
HTML clipboard SquareTrade AP6.0 brand new in the box THIS IS ONE THE MOST POWERFUL STAND MIXER OUT THERE WHICH IS GREAT FOR PROFESSIONAL RESTAURANT O...
The Stand Mixer by KitchenAid: This 600â„¢ Series Mixer by KitchenAid has 10 adjustable speeds that can stir, mix, beat, cream, and whip ingredients f...
Shop for Stand from Hayneedle.com! The KitchenAid KP26M1XWH Professional 600 Series Stand Mixer - White is a countertop powerhouse with a 575-watt mot...
The KitchenAid KP26M1XES espresso Professional 600 Series 6 qt. stand mixer is equipped with a high-performance motor driven by 575 watts of power, a ...
Cook and bake like a professional with this espresso-colored stand mixer from KitchenAid. A stainless steel bowl and contoured handle highlights this ...
A versatile professional mixer that contains everything you need to mix dough faster and better. It includes a PowerKnead spiral dough hook, which rep...