KitchenAid KCO1005OB 1400 Watts Toaster Oven Reviews

KitchenAid KCO1005OB 1400 Watts Toaster Oven

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

AWFUL! Kitchen Aid does it again ...

May 4, 2008
  • User Rating: Disappointing

Pros:cooks well if it's working

Cons:stopped working after less than 6 months timer keeps ticking past cooking time

The Bottom Line: Do NOT Purchase!

who would've thought that Kitchen Aid would erode their reputable brand equity by selling such low quality small appliances?

this is the second time I have had quality issues with a Kitchen Aid small appliance (first issue was with the slow cooker). the toaster oven looks nice but let me be honest, it does not live up to its good looks! the timer keeps ticking well past the cooking time- safety issue? and after less then 6 months of use, the oven stopped working altogether.

I called the Kitchen Aid 1-800 number only to be greeted by 'customer service' reps who a. did not know what product i was talking about (had to explain what a toaster oven actually was), b. sent me to get the item serviced at 2 locations that do not service the item at all (thank goodness I called before driving to them), c. finally, when having spoken to the Mgr. (after being treated very rudely by the customer service team), was told that the average wait time could be up to 6 weeks to have the product fixed and returned to me (this is only because it is still under 1 year warranty).

so I'm hoping that the product will be fixed and returned to me soon but I don't trust that it will last much longer than a year or two. keeping my fingers crossed as I can't get a refund for this piece of junk!

Experience the impressive versatility of the KitchenAidŽ Countertop Oven. Its .5 cubic-foot interior makes it ideal for everything from baking a whole...