KitchenAid KSB580NK 5-Speed Blender Reviews

KitchenAid KSB580NK 5-Speed Blender

Best Blender Ever!!

Apr 21, 2012

Pros:Lightweight 7c carafe, heavy sturdy base, grounded plug, easy to clean, "smart", grounded plug

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Strongly recommend: it cleans easy, looks cool, the power of a lawnmower, a LARGE capacity carafe. Sturdy enough for every day heavy household use. Reasonable price and excellent warranty!!

We recently purchased this blender from an online retailer to replace a very old Waring blender that finally died.

We had a Waring given to us by my mother, and she bought it in the late 1950's....ya, and it just died after over 50 years of very heavy daily use.

After reading several reviews of several different blenders in a very wide price range we decided on the Kitchen Aid simply because of the lightweight polycarbonate container with 7cup capacity (the largest we saw except from the very expensive VitaMix), and the warranty.

Being a bodybuilder I use a blender daily for protein shakes and cooking. This blender is the fastest and "smartest" blender I've seen. The "Intellispeed" function is awesome, no more clogging the blade because it starts too fast. It starts on it's own at a lower speed, brings the contents into the blade and senses the power it will need and takes off from there.

The jar is not heavy, even when full. The blade width is very wide and can accomodate larger objects. The blender has 5 speeds on an easy to clean touch pad so there is no dirt collecting between buttons. It looks great on the counter as well, important for us because we just remodeled our kitchen.

I've read about cracks at the bottom by the blade, or leaking by the blade. We haven't had any of these problems! We don't put it in the dishwasher though, we just fill it with warm water and a couple drops of soap and turn it on to clean the blades... and then handwash it from there. I think that the heat from the dishwasher would dry out the blade seals and that is what is causing the leaking/cracking for other reviewers.

We paid a very reasonable $100 for this blender and haven't been disappointed, even with regular (several times a day) use. No problems and well worth the money we paid.

The unique pitcher shape, patented blade and powerful 0.9 horsepower motor provide fast, consistent blending that can crush a pitcher of ice within se...