KitchenAid KGCC506 30 in. Gas Cooktop Reviews

Free Shipping Sears
Free Shipping AppliancesConnection
Free Shipping AppliancesConnection

UNIT WENT ON FIRE!!!

May 8, 2007 (Updated Jul 15, 2008)
  • User Rating: Very Good

Pros:KITCHEN AID'S PROMPT CUSTOMER SERVICE TO UPGRADE AND REPLACE THE UNIT.

Cons:I think the review of the unit speaks for itself.

The Bottom Line: Unless the flaw is fixed so it won't catch fire- stay clear. However, "stuff happens". Kitchen Aid's prompt reply shows that they stand behind their products.

I loved this unit with the exception of the knobs occasionally overheating and I had to use a glove to turn them. It gets super hot and cooked food well.

That being said- A few days ago the igniter starting clicking as usual while igniting it for breakfast- then continued to malfunction and click after it was ignited and within the unit the wires ignited and a fire ensued. Smoke started rising from the holes where the knobs were and I could see the flames under the glass. This was a sealed unit so there was nothing inside that was flammable except for gas. Since this was a gas unit and my gas line shut off valve was stuck (couldn't shut it) it was continuing to smoke- I had to contact the fire department to make sure the flames within the unit were out.
KITCHEN AID Immediately DISPATCHED A SERVICE TECHNICIAN WITHIN 24 HOURS. THEY DEEMED IT NOT REPLACEABLE AND KITCHEN AID HAS OFFERED TO REPLACE THE UNIT AND INSTALLATION AT LITTLE TO NO COST TO ME.
I am waiting presently for a new unit

I love my Kitchen Aid products despite this incident and hopefully this won't happen again.

This sleek KitchenAid KGCC506 Architect Series II gas-on-glass cooktop is a stylish complementary option to various countertop surfaces The easy-to-cl...
AppliancesConnection
AppliancesConnection
This is a Special Order itemFeatures a 6,000 simmer burner, 17,000 professional burner and 12,500 Power Burner. The cast-iron grates have a matte fini...