Klein Tools Electrician?s Scissors (21009) Reviews

Klein Tools Electrician?s Scissors (21009)

Klein Tools 2100-7 Electrician's Scissors - Great Choice For Home Or Work

Jan 8, 2012

Pros:Tough tempered steel and nickel plated to resist corrosion.  Made in the USA.  Fairly priced.

Cons:Buy the 2100-7 instead of the 2100-5 - includes built-in wire strippers.

The Bottom Line: Klein Tools 2100-7 Electricians Scissors are fantastic.  Tough tempered steel, nickel plated corrosion resistance and made in America.  Wire strippers missing on the 2100-5 model.

Thirty four years in the telecommunications business have given me a well deserved respect for Klein tools so it became a "no-brainer" choice to pick up the Klein 2100-7 Electrician's Scissors for my own tool box at home.  I've used both this item and the 2100-5 model for years at the office and really can't believe there is another choice available on the market today that could offer any better quality or long-time service.

Klein has constructed both the 2100-5 as well as this pair of scissors with a strong tempered steel.  After many years of use, I have only had one instance of failure which was caused by my own error.  I had dropped a pair of the 2100-5 scissors from a fairly decent height and as it fell directly on one of the tips, about an inch of one tip sheared off.  Beyond that one mishap, these scissors have been an excellent choice and stay sharp even after many repeated uses.  I was glad that that particular set was replaced with this one which means I no longer had to search for a set of wire cutters as I performed a work function.

In addition to the tough tempered steel, the finish has been nickel-plated.  The nickel plate finish is designed to eliminate the possibility of corrosion.  My scissors at home get used both indoors and outside and have been subjected to a number of household materials as well as being used out among the natural elements.  They are also normally stored in my tool box which is in our garage.  I can say without hesitation that the nickel plating must resist corrosion as it is designed to do.

There is a screw hinge for adjusting but I have never found the need to tinker with the adjustment as it comes from Klein.  I prefer the blades to work in a fairly loose fashion as I dislike having a pair of scissors or pliers bind up on me as I work.  Let it be known that you do have the option to tighten or further loosen the operation of the cutting blades should that be your preference.

My experience in telephone company central offices alerted me to the advantages of the short 5-1/4"  length of this tool.  I have found the shortness of both the 2100-5 and the 2100-7 models allow me to cut free cable ties and wraps in very tight spaces within the side runs of equipment bays.  At home, the rather stout profile recently allowed me to cut out some tie downs within an extremely tight space in my garage that I would have not been able to get to with a larger pair.

At work I used to have to keep a set of cuts with me at all times while I was working because they provided the 2100-5 model which does not include the strippers on the side of the blade.  For the life of me, I can't understand why these were issued instead of the 2100-7 choice.  As far as I am concerned, I suggest making the same choice for those looking for a pair of Klein scissors at home.  Even if the need to strip a wire is only very occasional, the convenience of having it handy without the need to search for another tool is just smart.  The notches on the side of the blade are designed for stripping either 19 or 23 gauge wire and work wonderfully well.

Rare is it is, you will be pleasantly surprised to notice the "Made in the USA" label on this tool.  Klein stand behind the Klein 2100-7 Electrician's Scissors as I believe they do with most of their tools with a lifetime warranty on workmanship or defects in their materials.

First, I love the fact that this company still has decided to continue making their product right here in the USA.  Furthermore my many years of use have confirmed my notion that this is truly a quality tool that, at a cost of just under $15.00, is also fairly priced.  If the choice offers itself, pick up this model over the 2100-5 even if the need for the built-in wire cutters would present only a rare advantage.  No question, I have to suggest a solid "Buy" recommendation and a full five Epinions stars.

Klein 2100-9 Stainless Steel Electrician?s Scissors Stripping Notches Silver 5 1/4-Inches

1. NO SALES TAX 2. LOW COST EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR US BUYERS 3. WE ARE NOW SHIPPING WORLDWIDE NEW Klein 2100-9 Stainless Steel Electrician?s Scissors ...

Klein 2100-7 Electrician’s Scissors – Stripping Notches

Klein 2100-7 Electrician’s Scissors – Stripping Notches

EBAY STORE FEEDBACK CONTACT US Power Tools Cordless Tools Power Tool Accessories Hand Tools Batteries and Charger Bare Tools Electricians Tools Plumbi...

Klein Tools 2100-7 Electricians Scissors

Klein Tools 2100-7 Electricians Scissors

This set of electrician's scissors can easily strip 19 and 23 gauge wires. This tool also features an adjustable scew-hinge and a serrated lower blade...
homelectrical
Klein tools Electrician's Scissors - 2100-7

Klein tools Electrician's Scissors - 2100-7

Klein tools SEPTLS40921007 Strips 19- and 23-gauge wire. Adjustable screw-hinge. Serrated lower blade.
Shoplet.com

Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Organizer Ultimate Electrician's Pocket Belt Tool Bag

Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Organizer Ultimate Electrician's Pocket Belt Tool Bag

PRODUCT OVERVIEW Model #55418-19 Keep your tools organized and protected with Klein Tools’ Tradesman Pro Organizer Ultimate Electrician’s Bag. Thi...
Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Organizer Ultimate Electrician's Bag 55418-19

Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Organizer Ultimate Electrician's Bag 55418-19

Shop for Tool Storage at The Home Depot. Keep your tools organized and protected with Klein Tools Tradesman Pro Organizer Ultimate Electrician s Bag. ...
Home Depot

Klein Tools 2100-8 Stripping Notch Electrician Scissors

Klein Tools 2100-8 Stripping Notch Electrician Scissors

KLEIN TOOLS Stainless Steel Electricians Scissors Stripping Notches, Free-Fall Snip #2100-8 FEATURES Stainless steel blades to maintain blade durabil...

Klein Tools 2100-7 Scissors, Electricians, Stripping Notches