Klipsch iGroove Docking Station, Speaker System

I like it so much, I bought two!

Jun 9, 2007

Pros:Great Stylish Design. Very well constructed. Wonderful sound for it's size.

Cons:Can't be battery operated.

The Bottom Line: I think I've sold about a dozen of these units. When people see it and here it, they want one. It's one of the best audio products I have owned.

I first saw these iPod speakers at our local Costco. They had several up for demo. At first, the sound was the thing that drew my attention. Then as I got closer, it was the fit and finish. This speaker system is very well made, looks great, but most importantly, sounds fantastic. I have since bought one of the grey ones and one of the black ones. I got the first grey (they call it silver) unit for $129.00. A few weeks ago, I got a $30 off coupon so I added the High Gloss black too for $99.00.

For such a small system it has clear highs and deep lows. It doesn't get muddy at all at the lower end of the spectrum at normal listening volumes. I've heard the Bose product and it's nice but much more expensive. The Klipsch doesn't have any moving parts (like doors that need to open and close) that would break like on the Altec Lansing.

This unit also includes a small remote control. It's functional but doesn't work at a great distance. It's fine when you're indoors. I use mine outside sometimes and find that the remote works at about 20 feet or so. Maybe I need to change the battery?

Overall, I'd give this speaker system a fantastic rating and at this price, it's one of the best bargains out there.