Klipsch iGroove Docking Station, Speaker System

Fantastic Sound at a Reasonable Price

Jan 1, 2010

Pros:-> Attractive form factor and reasonably small foot print
-> Sound quality is excellent

Cons:-> The volume buttons on the unit itself don't have a smooth positive feel

The Bottom Line: If you appreciate good sound reproduction, this is the unit for you!!! Take it home and try it - you can return it if you don't like the sound.

This speaker set really sounds great. I am an audiophile who would usually go the extra $$ for the best sounding unit (i.e. the Bose Sound Docks or something comparable) but you can only spend so much on peripherals. FYI, I checked out the various dock options online. I've heard the JBL On-Stage at a friend's house and liked it, but I was concerned about all the feedback in the reviews about that unit's volume control issues. Speaker sound is all about personal preference and hearing those speakers in the environment where they will be played. I went with the Klipsch for 3 reasons - the company is known for making high-end tower speakers, the unit includes an "S" video jack for showing videos and podcasts on my TV and the reviews here and elsewhere were positive. I normally wouldn't buy speakers without hearing them first, but I relied on the reviews and the company's reputation - and besides, the pricing was good and I could always return the speakers if they didn't sound great in my house.

I received the unit and unpacked it in my bedroom, where it will ultimately be used. It was super-simple to setup - indeed the instruction manual is only 3-4 pages of large type. I put my iPod on the unit and fired it up. The sound that came forth was crisp, clean and impressive. Frankly, not to knock Bose, but the sound was about as good as the sound from my Bose Wave Radio which cost more than 3X what the Klipsch cost. The sound is excellent with lusty base, crisp treble and superb midrange. I have played a variety of music and have been continually impressed with the sound reproduction. Pop, Hip Hop, Classical, Jazz - you name it, this Klipsch really delivers. And it fills my moderate-sized bedroom with music without any trace or distortion and it sounds very natural. I haven't used the S-Video hook up to view videos yet, but I'm sure it will work well also. In my opinion, this is the best unit at the $150 price point - it will not disappoint!
Here are my overall pros and cons for the Klipsch:

Pros:

-> Attractive form factor and reasonably small foot print
-> Easy to set up
-> Sound quality is excellent - at all ends of the musical spectrum
-> Price is very reasonable
-> Fills the room with clear, crisp music at any volume level - sounds great on low or played loud
-> Has video connection for movies and podcasts - many other speaker sets don't have this feature

Cons:

-> The volume buttons on the unit itself don't have a smooth positive feel - they are stiff in their operation
-> A screen like that of the Altec Lansing would be nice so that you could see the volume level and other key operating statistics of the unit

Bottom Line: If you appreciate good sound reproduction, this is the unit for you!!! Take it home and try it - you can return it if you don't like the sound. But trust me, you'll love it!!!!

Klipsch Rs-41 Ii Reference Series Surround Speaker - Each (black)

Klipsch Rs-41 Ii Reference Series Surround Speaker - Each (black)

The small and compact Klipsch RB-41 II speaker system will occupy minimum space and can provide amazing sound. The Tractrix Horn technology of this Kl...

Klipsch - Music Center KMC 1 Portable Wireless Speaker - Black

Klipsch - Music Center KMC 1 Portable Wireless Speaker - Black

Wirelessly stream your tunes with this Klipsch Music Center KMC 1 1016502 BL portable speaker that features Bluetooth and NFC (near-field communicatio...
Best Buy

Klipsch KMC 1 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker

Klipsch KMC 1 Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker

Bluetooth speaker combines full-range drivers with passive bass radiators for powerful, balanced sound: KMC 1 White Color: Blue,White.
Groupon

Klipsch KMC1 portable bluetooth  speaker (blue) (Price Break - Save $100.00 was $299.99)

Klipsch KMC1 portable bluetooth speaker (blue) (Price Break - Save $100.00 was $299.99)

speaker (blue) aptX technology for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices,built-in noise-canceling microphone for hands-free wireless speaker...
Crutchfield

Klipsch KMC1 portable bluetooth  speaker (yellow) (Price Break - Save $100.00 was $299.99)

Klipsch KMC1 portable bluetooth speaker (yellow) (Price Break - Save $100.00 was $299.99)

speaker (yellow) aptX technology for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices,built-in noise-canceling microphone for hands-free wireless speak...
Crutchfield

Kinyo Bt-150 Universal Bluetooth Wireless Tablet Speaker Docking Station

Kinyo Bt-150 Universal Bluetooth Wireless Tablet Speaker Docking Station

Item Title KINYO BT150 UNIVERSAL BLUETOOTH SPEAKER FOR TABLET DOCKING STATION Brand New Sealed Description Pair up with your Bluetooth enabled devices...

5-lot Dell Inspiron Duo Dock Audio Speaker Docking Station W/jbl Speakers Wmfd4

5-lot Dell Inspiron Duo Dock Audio Speaker Docking Station W/jbl Speakers Wmfd4

Shipping | Contact Us | Warranty Categories Store Home Clearance Dell Desktop PC Parts Dell Notebook PC Parts Systems For Sale Monitors Case, Chassis,...