Kristi Porter - Knitting for Dogs: Irresistible Patterns for Your Favorite Pup -- And You!

Your big, unfurry dog might thank you

Dec 11, 2006

Pros:Patterns fit for larger dogs.

Cons:Patterns geared for novelty (purse dogs).

The Bottom Line: Buy it - it is much better than any other dog sweater pattern book I saw at my local Border's

Finally, a dog sweater pattern book that has patterns that are fun and cute -- FOR DOGS LARGER THAN A CHIHUAHUA!
Don't get me wrong, you can knit something for your chihuahua or shih tzu, but you can also knit something for your Labrador or Rottie!
In my case, I have a shivering Pit Bull - Boxer! I have never had a dog with such a short coat -- she loiters by heating vents, pees right outside the back door, and now balks at taking a walk. So knitting her sweaters to wear constantly through the cold months was a necessity, not just a novelty.
Most pattern books are either made for tiny dogs (Jill Eaton's PuppyKnits is the worse - since when is XXL a dog that has a 10" chest?). Other books have patterns that just appear to be ill-fitting on the dogs in the picture. IF it looks that way on the picture (on well behaved dogs used as models), I can imagine how long it will last on a squirmy, energetic pup like my own.
The one negative is that many of the patterns are too impractical. They are too similar to the trendy Paris Hilton-type sweaters you see all over nowadays. The designer could have taken into account owners, like myself, who want to keep their dog WARM, not just in style!

Knitting for Dogs by Kristi Porter

Knitting for Dogs by Kristi Porter

Free Delivery Worldwide : Knitting for Dogs : Paperback : FIRESIDE BOOKS : 9780743270168 : 0743270169 : 02 Nov 2005 : This fabulous collection of knit...

Knitting in the Sun by Kristi Porter

Knitting in the Sun by Kristi Porter

Free Delivery Worldwide : Knitting in the Sun : Paperback : Turner Publishing Company : 9780470416662 : 0470416661 : 11 May 2009 : Most knitting guide...

Knitting Patterns For Dummies by Kristi Porter

Knitting Patterns For Dummies by Kristi Porter

Free Delivery Worldwide : Knitting Patterns For Dummies : Paperback : John Wiley and Sons Ltd : 9780470045565 : 0470045566 : 09 Oct 2007 : Have you al...