Kobalt 1.5-HP 3-Gallon 155 PSI Electric Air Compressor Reviews

Kobalt 1.5-HP 3-Gallon 155 PSI Electric Air Compressor

ratings (1 Epinions review)

I bought it; RETURNED it the next day; never used it

Jun 13, 2013 (Updated Jun 13, 2013)

Pros:Light weight & easy to pick up & carry with two hands.

Cons:Possible Pressure Regulator knob stripping out

The Bottom Line: I'd recommend waiting to see what other "customer reviews" have to say on Lowe's website.

I bought a Huskier model for the same price.

This was an impulse purchase, weighed only 39 pounds & is something I wanted to merely blow away wood or metal particles from parts that I'm working on or to clean up my power tools.

I paid approx $180. for the compressor, a 1 year extended warranty & a package of accessories which included a 50' hose & the necessary attachments.

Upon returning home I went online to read product "reviews" & to watch YouTube videos on this compressor.  To my surprise there weren't any YouTube Videos nor any product reviews on Lowe's.com website. Apparently this is a relatively new model.

I checked Lowe's "customer reviews" on the smaller 1 HP 2 Gallon air compressor & was dismayed to read numerous PRESSURE REGULATOR knob stripping out complaints.

I went back to Lowe's & looked at both models & discovered the smaller compressor display unit had a stripped out PRESSURE REGULATOR knob.

I then eyeballed the pressure regulator part & knob on the compressor I bought & it appeared to be the very same.  I then looked for a store employee who came over to where the 2 air compressors were on display.  The employee agreed with me that the Pressure Regulator knob was indeed stripped out on the smaller unit.  He then went & got 2 more experienced employees who told me they had no knowledge of any problems with the smaller compressor & assured me if I had any problems with the unit I bought Lowe's would gladly exchange it or replace it.

I went back home, decided I didn't want to deal with an air compressor that, in my opinion, MIGHT have a problem with the pressure regulator knob stripping out.

I returned the one I bought the next day.  After doing some internet searches on air compressors, I decided on a Huskier model from a competitor which was priced the same as the Kobalt air compressor & one that has YouTube videos & a consensous of favorable customer reviews.

Set Of 5 Kobalt 29 Pc Piece Double Drive Screwdriver Set Free Priority Ship

Set Of 5 Kobalt 29 Pc Piece Double Drive Screwdriver Set Free Priority Ship

jnolan75 Store NEW Kobalt 29 Pc Piece Double Drive Screwdriver Set FREE PRIORITY SHIP 2-3 DAYS

Kobalt 20 Piece Double Drive Extendable Ratchet Set In Package Free Shipping

Kobalt 20 Piece Double Drive Extendable Ratchet Set In Package Free Shipping

KOBALT 20 PIECE DOUBLE DRIVE EXTENDABLE RATCHET SET DESCRIPTION NEW KOBALT 20 PIECE DOUBLE DRIVE EXTENDABLE RATCHET SET DUAL GEARING MECHANISM DRIVES ...

Kobalt 20 Piece Double Drive Extendable Drive Ratchet 3/8 Drive Free Usa S/h

Kobalt 20 Piece Double Drive Extendable Drive Ratchet 3/8 Drive Free Usa S/h

Kobalt 20 Piece Double Drive 3/8 Extendable Drive Ratchet Socket Set with Bits BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED Product Description 20-Piece Ratchet Set Dual ...
Kobalt Double Drive Extendable Ratchet Tool Set + 6 Universal Sockets + Hex Bits

BRAND NEW 2012 KOBALT 20 PIECE DOUBLE-DRIVE 3/8 EXTENDABLE DRIVE RATCHET SOCKET SET / TOOL SET! 2X's Faster Than A Normal Ratchet - Cut Work Time In H...

Kobalt Double Drive Extendable Ratchet Set Universal Sockets & Bits + Adapter

Kobalt Double Drive Extendable Ratchet Set Universal Sockets & Bits + Adapter

KOBALT DOUBLE DRIVE EXTENDABLE RATCHET SET UNIVERSAL SOCKETS BITS + ADAPTER I respond Quickly to questions and inquiries. Expedited Priority shipping ...

Set Of 4 Kobalt 29 Pc Piece Double Drive Screwdriver Set Free Priority Ship

Set Of 4 Kobalt 29 Pc Piece Double Drive Screwdriver Set Free Priority Ship

Set Of 6 Kobalt 29 Pc Piece Double Drive Screwdriver Set Free Priority Ship

Set Of 6 Kobalt 29 Pc Piece Double Drive Screwdriver Set Free Priority Ship

Set Of 10 Kobalt 29 Pc Piece Double Drive Screwdriver Set Free Priority Ship

Set Of 10 Kobalt 29 Pc Piece Double Drive Screwdriver Set Free Priority Ship

Set Of 8 Kobalt 29 Piece Double Drive Screwdriver Sets Brand

Set Of 8 Kobalt 29 Piece Double Drive Screwdriver Sets Brand

Quantity: 8 - Kobalt 29 Piece Double-Drive Screwdriver Sets. Patented Double Dive Technology 2 times faster than standard ratcheting Convienient thumb...

Kobalt Double Drive Extendable Ratchet Set 3/8 Drive 20 Pc Free Priority Shipp

Kobalt Double Drive Extendable Ratchet Set 3/8 Drive 20 Pc Free Priority Shipp

Kobalt 20 pc double-drive 3/8 inch extendable ratchet set New Sealed pack FAST FREE PRIORITY shipping + tracking (ships today/next biz day - delivery ...