Kodak EASYSHARE V530 5.0 MP Digital Camera - Silver essence Reviews

Mar 27, 2007

• Battery Life:
  • Photo Quality:
  • Shutter Lag

Pros:Light, fits anywhere! Takes snapshots fast and even in bursts. Great for video clips.

Cons:Awkward placement of buttons.

The Bottom Line: A point and shoot camera that you can carry with you anywhere and still get excellent quality then this is the camera for you! Has excellent features for enthusiasts.

I love this camera, it comes in different colors! Mine is pink as you may have guessed. Compared to my last EasyShare camera, this one takes pictures faster, almost no delay! A super snap and shoot camera. My last camera, the Kodak EasyShare DX6490, had super zoom and features, but it was too slow in taking pictures. I needed something to catch a toddler in action before she was gone from the frame and this camera is great for that. It doesn't have exceptional zoom (3x optical- -don't bother using digital zoom, I feel it always decreases the quality of my pics) but it does have a big 2 inch display so you can see your pictures nice and clear. The 170 degree viewing angle on the display means you can share the viewing experience with those around you, very important for that, "Can I see it?!".
This camera does not have a regular viewfinder, just the electronic display. My last DX6490 at least had an electronic viewfinder. I found it hard to get used to at first, but now I don't even notice anymore.

My only complaint after all this time using it is that I don't like where the "ok" (select) button is placed. It is in an awkward position and it is so small that when I try to press it, I almost always press the arrow buttons around it. And I don't have big fingers! This slows me down when I'm using it. Otherwise, very nice camera, I have had it for a year and a half.

Video clips! I love this camera for video clips. My last Kodak took lousy video, this one takes excellent video clips, be careful though, they grow in memory size quickly! It lets you choose between 640x480 and 320x240. I believe it takes 26 frames per second. Thumbs up!

This Camera is a Good Choice if You Want Something... Flexible Enough for Enthusiasts

Kodak Easyshare C1505 12 MP Digital Camera with 5x Digital Zoom - Black
Kodak EasyShare Max Z990 12.0 MP Digital Camera with 30x Optical Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (New Model)

Capture the ambience in dimly lit situations with the 12 MP BSI (back side illumination) CMOS sensor and high ISO,Zoom in fast, close, and wide with t...
Kodak EasyShare M532 14 MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD - Silver

Zoom in tight or stay wide and fit the whole crew in with the 5X wide optical zoom lens Dedicated video record button, 720p HD video, on-camera editin...
EasyShare Z990 12 MP Digital Camera with 30x Optical Zoom, HD Video Capture and 3.0-Inch LCD

Capture the ambience in dimly lit situations with the 12 MP BSI (back side illumination) CMOS sensor and high ISO Zoom in fast, close, and wide with t...
Kodak Easyshare M530 12 MP Digital Camera with 3x Wide Angle Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Green)

12-megapixel resolution for stunning prints up to 30 x 40 inches 3x optical zoom 2.7-inch LCD with KODAK Color Science Technology Kodak's Smart Captur...

Kodak Easyshare C713 7 MP Digital Camera with 3xOptical Zoom
Kodak EasyShare M522 14 MP Digital Camera with 4x Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD - Red

Kodak EasyShare C1530 14 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD (Black)

Product Dimensions: 1.2 x 3.7 x 2.4 inches ; 6.4 ounces Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies) Shipping: Currently, item can be ...
Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera (Blue)

Kodak EasyShare Sport C123 12 MP Waterproof Digital Camera (Blue)

Product Details Waterproof up to 10 ft underwater 2.4 in. 112K TFT color LCD display Equipped with Kodak's Smart Capture feature Amazing HD quality pi...