Kodak ESP 3250 All-In-One Inkjet Printer Reviews

Kodak ESP 3250 All-In-One Inkjet Printer

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Not What I Expected

Mar 26, 2010 (Updated Mar 29, 2010)
  • User Rating: Very Good

• Paper Handling:

Pros:Easy to set up and use

Cons:One Ink Cartridge runs out you can't print

The Bottom Line:

Until Kodak does a software update to be able to print just black and white if the color cartridge is out I would avoid it at this time.

I needed to replace my current ink cartridges so, as a smart consumer, I did the cost analysis of replacing my current ink cartridges for $85.00 or replace the entire printer with the new Kodak ESP 3250 for $99.00.  I found it cheaper, upfront and on the back end for replacement ink cartridges,  to replace the printer with the new Kodak ESP 3250.  My wife and I do not have a digital camera so, we do not use the printer to print high quality photos.  We mainly use it to print information off webpages or, if we need to make a few copies using the scanner.  Judging by the amount of paper that we used, about 100 sheets, the black ink needed to be replaced recently.  I went out to a major chain store and bought the black ink cartridge for about $10.  I mainly use it to print in black and white, in draft, by changing the printing properties under the advance mode.  Halfway through a project this a.m. I get a print error message, color cartridge needs to be replaced,  and it will not let me print ANYTHING!  I've made sure that the properties in advance mode are set to just black and white and still it won't let me print.
I was on a chat window with a Kodak rep for about 10 mins.  Finally she pointed me to the Kodak Ink/com/use web page, which is not helpfull for the problem I was facing.  I ended that chat quickly.  In my opinion, KODAK needs to have an update to the software to let people print just BLACK, even if the color cartridge is out.  Yes it is still cheaper than traditional inks, however, based on the amount of pages I/We have printed and scanned in our household, I'm not sure the cost effectiveness is working out as Kodak promises.  Would I recommend this printer?  On ease of use Yes!  To be able to print just in black and white?  No!  Is it cost saving upfront?  Yes!  there is a cost saving on the initial cost vs other ink cartridges.  Is it cheaper replacing ink cartridges vs number of pages I've printed?  I'd really have to examine that closely - Until they do a software update I would NOT recommend this printer!  You should be able to have a choice even if one cartridge is out.

Operating System: Windows

Now complete all your printing, copying and scanning work in seconds with the ESP 3250 printer. Print your documents in bright colors and sharp text w...