Kolcraft Contours Options Ruby Standard Double Seat Stroller Reviews

Kolcraft Contours Options Ruby Standard Double Seat Stroller

Free Shipping Babyhaven.com

Great Double Stroller

Mar 25, 2011

Pros:Plenty of storage and surprisingly agile.

Cons:Fills the whole trunk of a mid-size sedan.

The Bottom Line: If you REALLY want a double stroller, this is a good choice.  We learned we didn't need one.

If you're in the market for a double stroller, this is a great option.  As all the reviews here can attest, it is very versatile.  You can attach the infant buckets, or arrange the regular seats both forward and rear facing.  This can be very handy if walking on either a sunny or windy day.  Put up the canopy as a windbreak while you walk up the street and switch the configuration so it's a windbreak going back down the street.

The storage under the seats is spacious and can easily hold a diaper bag, mom's purse, a jacket, some blankets and have room left for toys. This is extremely important if you're traveling with two infants or toddlers.

This stroller does fold easily (after detaching the two seats) but does take up quite a bit of space in the back of the car.  This stroller has a very long wheelbase but still seems more maneuverable than a side by side.  There are many stores we've been in where a side by side would not fit down the aisles easily.

This stroller has large wheels so it easily tackles any sand or gravel in the road.  It rolls smoothly and has a solid feel.
All in all, if you’re sure you want a double stroller, this is a great choice.
Here’s an inside tip though, we haven’t used ours in close to a year.  We took our twin boys on a long road trip where car space was at a premium and we bought two low budget ($50 each) single strollers and have used them ever since.  They also have a canopy and the benefit of a tray for crackers and juice.  We each push one and have much more freedom than with the giant double stroller.  For an added $10 we bought the connectors that we leave attached to one at all times.  If Mommy needs to run off, I can connect the two single strollers and push it as a side by side until she returns.  Everyone’s situation is different, and if one parent takes both children by themselves often, the double stroller would be the way to go.

Age Range of Child: 12 to 36 Months

The Contours Optima tandem stroller offers the robust features of a Contours tandem stroller in a lighter frame. At only 36.6 lbs, this tandem strolle...
Babyhaven.com