Konica Minolta Magicolor 1690Mf All-In-One Laser Printer Reviews

Konica Minolta Magicolor 1690Mf All-In-One Laser Printer

Free Shipping Quickship.com

Good with a few gotchas!

Jul 2, 2009 (Updated Jul 2, 2009)
  • User Rating: Very Good

• Paper Handling:

Pros:Price
Decent print quality.
Nice feature set.
Support is quick and decent and in the USA !

Cons:Poor fax software
No Linux Driver

The Bottom Line: I would like to see a few modifications and Linux drivers but over all it was a good choice. Good support

I have had this printer for about a month.  I like it but have had some issues.

The fax program is BAD. It constantly corrupts the addresses you try to save in the program then crashes if you try to click on a saved address. You may find you have to manually enter each address/fax number for every fax you send and for every recipient. Keep a text file handy to copy/paste to save time.

I spoke the tech support today. They know about the problem and have asked the factory in Japan to fix it.  So far no solution.

I had a few setup issues on network but were ironed out with help. Support is pretty good and you don't wait long for a tech.  Once you learn the "routine" setting up is pretty simple.  For one thing I could not edit the IP address on the machine keypad. Just refused to let me do that.  You can log in to machine via a web browser or the supplied utility and set what you need to that way however.

Some software features cost extra toner.  When a fax report is printed it prints a copy of the fax along with the report wasing extra toner. Is this to sell more tone?  So far no way found to disable printing a copy of the document.

I need a Linux driver. None exist though I did find one for another machine that will let you print color and B&W from Linux but still can't scan or fax.

If Windows is your only OS it is a pretty good printer for the money. But come toner time, a new set of normal toners will cost more than you paid for the printer.  It could wind up being a throw away printer at that rate.

Paul

Operating System: Windows

Konica MagiColor 1690MF Laser Printer OEM Drum - 45.000 Pages Mono. 11.250 Pages Color
Quickship.com