Kraft Easy Mac Snack Pack Extreme Cheese

Sep 11, 2009

Pros:Kids love it, inexpensive and easy

Cons:none

The Bottom Line: Kids love it, inexpensive and easy

Kraft Mac N Cheese is a staple in my house. I keep it for the grand children. I know I can always feed them the Kraft if I'm serving something that isn't to their liking. This was a favorite of mine as a child and it still is a crowd pleaser when it comes to children and adults as well.

Ordinarily I use a simple box of the Original style but I grabbed these by mistake. This turned  out to be a good thing. The Kraft Snack Pac Extreme Cheese is available in big box stores and grocery stores. Very inexpensive and often on great sales. I must say in a blindfold test I would not be able to tell you what is extremem about this version of Mac n Cheese. I id not find it cheesier or thicker in any way. It was good, don't get me wrong but extreme? not so much.. It's extremely easy to make,  but that's the only are I find "extreme".

I like having this around for when the grand kids come and I can make it a dozen different ways by adding vegetables like broccoli or carrots or adding bits of chicken or teeny meat balls. It's comfort food,it's fun food and it seems to be very child friendly. I don't know of any children who would turn down mac n cheese.

You can add more cheese or not. I love that it's something the kids can help prepare. They can add the milk, sprinkle the packet fillings on the macaroni and add the veggies or meat.

If your kids or grand kids don't like veggies get a Pampered Chef food chopper and chop the life out of the broccoli and call it green sprinkles when you put it on the Kraft Mac n Cheese. Little hot dog pieces go over well too.You can add tuna and peas and it is sort of like a tuna noodle casserole only better.

This is a very economical way to feed a family.  It's so nice and simple to prepare. You can do it in the microwave or on the stove top . Either way it's extremely easy to prepare.You get a packet of cheese and a packet of the macaroni. Put this in a microwavable bowl and I heat for 4-6 minutes (timing depends on your microwave).I have a Thermidor microwave that's also an oven so it takes longer to heat items. Let cool. As it stands it will thicken. You can add more milk or cheese to taste.

Do not put it back into the microwave if it seems to thin for your taste.

Calories 260/Calories from Fat 30