Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme Original Flavor Reviews

Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme Original Flavor

2 consumer reviews

Liven up Your Next Recipe with Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme

May 26, 2011

Pros:Good for use in many recipes; Kraft name on the package

Cons:Only a notch better than cream cheese

The Bottom Line: This is a good product from Kraft and one I am almost certain to buy again.

I am not one to cook, but I am also not one to shy away from a brand- new product, especially when I can obtain that product free of charge. This is what led me to try Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Crème Original for the first time. Let's take a closer look at this cooking aid:

Cooking Crème Facts and Figures:

Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Crème Original is a semi- thick, creamy product that is like heavy yogurt in consistency. The thickness is less than that of cream cheese but more so than yogurt. The flavor is actually somewhere between the two- like a cross between plain yogurt and whipped cream cheese.

Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Crème Original is a product intended for use in a multitude of recipes. The manufacturer markets it as a cooking aid that can be used as a substitute in place of condensed soup, cream cheese, and other products for a unique and interesting twist on taste.

Nutritional Information:

Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Crème Original has the following nutritional inputs per 1/4 cup serving:

Calories: 110
Total carbs: 3 g
Dietary Fiber: 0 g
Sugars: 3 g
Protein: 4 g

Each serving provides 10 percent of the RDA for Vitamin A and 6 percent of the RDA for calcium.

Ingredients:

Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Crème Original is made with Pasteurized Nonfat milk and milk fat, water, whey protein concentrate, cheese culture, salt, tapioca starch, maltodextrin, lactic acid, carob bean gum, guar gum, sorbic acid (preservative), natural flavor, and vitamin A palmitate.

Final Thoughts:

Kraft is a well- respected name in foods and one of a handful of companies that is almost certain to please with every product it manufactures. Kraft created this new lineup of cooking crème products specifically for those who like to cook and/or who want to liven things up a bit the next time they prepare their favorite food dish.

As I said, I am not the type of person who likes to cook, but I couldn't help but try this cooking product and the reason is because we received, at our household, free containers and coupons for one dollar off future purchases. Kraft makes this product in a few different flavors but since I was brand new to this latest Kraft offering, I opted to start with the basic flavor. The product was free and had Kraft's name on the label, so I was confident I was getting something worthwhile.

Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Crème Original is very similar to a tub of whipped cream cheese and if the package wasn't labeled the way it is, many would predict that this product was, indeed, a container of cream cheese if they were asked to sample it in a blind taste test. I agree that it tastes very much like cream cheese, but it also has some flavor and other properties similar to plain yogurt. My wife often cooks with all of these different products, so Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Crème Original certainly seemed like a product worth trying.

Kraft emphasizes using this product for cooking and replacing other ingredients with it. The first container I obtained even had an attached list of simple recipes to help guide consumers in the right direction. We first tried it as an additive to alfredo sauce and it produced some interesting results. I can't say the sauce was spectacular, but it was certainly different and offered a change of pace from ordinary alfredo sauce. Before long, we had used our one dollar off coupons on more containers and tried the product in more recipes, once again with positive results.

Nutritionally, Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Crème Original isn't too bad and the calories are kept under control. About the only real strike in the nutrition category is the level of sodium in this product. It is higher than that of ordinary cream cheese and it does impart a slightly salty taste. The product also derives a large percentage of its calories from fat, but this is no different than regular cream cheese.

Overall, Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Crème Original is a good product from the folks at Kraft and one we are likely to use again. Kraft is obviously going all- out in the marketing of this product (I have talked to several others who also received the same free samples and coupons) and from my experience, I think they have a winner on their hands. Kraft makes other, flavored varieties of this cooking creme that are also very good, but I recommend the original as a good place to start. Add it to any recipe that could use a creamy edge and see for yourself what a difference this product can make.

Kraft Jet-puffed Marshmallow Creme Net Wt. 7 Oz America's Favorite

Kraft Jet-puffed Marshmallow Creme Net Wt. 7 Oz America's Favorite

bebopdeb Store Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme America's Favorite Net Wt. 7 oz Check out my store get combined shipping

Kraft Caramels: Caramels Traditional, 14 Oz

Kraft Caramels: Caramels Traditional, 14 Oz

Kraft Caramels: Caramels Traditional are delicious classic caramels. Enjoy the Traditional Caramel as a treat or use them in your baking. The classic ...

Kraft Miracle Whip Original Dressing, 30 fl oz

Kraft Miracle Whip Original Dressing, 30 fl oz

Kraft Miracle Whip Original Dressing is the tangy original. Pump up your sandwich with the unmistakable zing of its secret blend of spices. Spread the...

Soap.com

2 Kraft Foods Maxwell House Original Decaf Instant Light Weight Coffee 8 Oz

2 Kraft Foods Maxwell House Original Decaf Instant Light Weight Coffee 8 Oz

2 tubs Kraft Foods Maxwell House Original DECAF Instant Lightweight Coffee size:8 oz in each tub Exp. date may very but not Expired.All my products ne...

Kraft Easy Mac (10 Single Serve Cups) Original 10 ea
drugstore.com

Kraft Miracle Whip Original Dressing, 22 oz

Kraft Miracle Whip Original Dressing, 22 oz

Kraft Miracle Whip Dressing contains half the fat of mayonnaise, so you can enjoy the great taste you love with only 40 calories per serving. Kraft Or...

Diapers.com

Kraft Barbeque Sauce Light Original 16.25 Oz

Kraft Barbeque Sauce Light Original 16.25 Oz

ALL ITEMS ARE FACTORY SEALED TO ENSURE FRESHNESS ITEMS ARE PURCHASED AFTER YOU PLACE YOUR ORDER PACKAGING MAY VARY UPON THE COMPANIES DISCRETION TO UP...