Krups Santa FE GVX2 Electric Burr Grinder Reviews

Krups Santa FE GVX2 Electric Burr Grinder

Epinions Product Rating: OK

+$5.95 shipping StarbucksStore.com

A SERIOUS piece of junk!!!

Dec 25, 2011

Pros:Kinda looks good...I guess

Cons:everthing other than the machine's appearance leaves much to be desired

The Bottom Line: Don't waste your time or money. Do some research (As I am about to) and find something that works from the get go.

I love my coffee and all I need is a coarse grind for a  french press as well as the right grind for espresso.
Neither are produced by this machine of mine even after countless tries.
Thankfully I used a pound of cheap coffee to discover the shortcomings of this pathetic little Krups GVX2 machine.

Supposedly one is able to set the dial to the amount one wants ground, hit the on button and walk away till the right amount is ground...never happened in my world with this machine.

In fact what one has to do to get it to grind at all is apply pressure to the lid and stand there till what one thinks is the right amount is ground and them remove ones hand from the lid.

Oh and sometimes the "on" button goes on and sometimes it doesn't and once this "on" button started the machine rinding so I let it grind to it's heary's content and the hopper quickly emptied and the ground coffee overflowed spilling coffee dust everywhere.

This machine is a nasty piece of work and if it is any indication of other Krups products, I can only say that Krups should have stuck with building tanks!

this entire experience has left my head hurting - why can't it be simple to get something that just works?

It's going back and hopefully we'll buy something that works like my old Melitta grinder that my daughter absconded with.

Other than that the entire effort has been a waste of time & gas - Krups owes us five bucks for the wasted gas...oh and I haven't even started on the piece of junk espresso machine we bought our daughter to be reviewed anon.

Krups GVX2-12 Metallic Burr Grinder - Black Krups GVX2-12 Black Metallic Burr Grinder / Brushed Metal Accents / Burr Milling System / 17 Grind Setting...

Krups GVX2-12 Burr grinder in black. Burr Milling System avoids overheating, preserves aroma and flavor. Fineness selector has 17 positions from fine ...
Goodmans
The innovative Krups burr milling system helps to keep your coffee fresh in its airtight bean hopper until you're ready to grind. Once you'r...
StarbucksStore.com