Krups XP1020 4 Cups Espresso Machine - Black Reviews

Krups XP1020 4 Cups Espresso Machine - Black

Great Value for Cappuccinos

Sep 4, 2010

Pros:great value, good cappuccino, great design

Cons:not a "real" espresso maker

The Bottom Line:

Best value for an entry level cappucino maker

This Krups XP1020 is a steam espresso maker, so it doesn’t use the same high pressure technique as the other traditional espresso machines.  However, this was the first of 5 machines I tried, and the first cup of cappuccino I made was perfect.  It was really easy to use.  The knob on the left easily selects the coffee or steam setting.  The frothing wand worked fine, and pulls off so you can clean it better.  The filter pops into the handle and then you turn it to lock it in, so it stays in place when you knock out the used grounds.  The little coffee pot that it comes with is perfect for measuring the exact amount of water to add and how much espresso should be produced.  I really liked this.

The only bad thing was that it keeps the pressure built up inside the machine, so you have to be careful when you open up the top, or it could pop out with pressure.  And if you're really after the crema and espresso, it wasn't the best.  I like cappuccinos, so it wasn't as big of a deal for me.  The good thing is that because it’s not a traditional pressurized machine, it is very quiet, apart from the frothing wand.  I liked its small size, so I could still fit many other things on my limited countertop space.

Product Details: KRUPS XS1505 Espresso Carafe for XP1500 and XP1020, 4-cup, Black Inspired by professionals and designed for connoisseurs, KRUPS produ...