LEGO Christmas Building Set - Snowman (3008) Reviews

LEGO Christmas Building Set - Snowman (3008)

The Lego Snowman - When Mother Nature Won't Provide the Real Stuff

Dec 29, 2009

Pros:Simple enough for novice to complete independently

Cons:None

The Bottom Line: Build a snowman without the wet gloves and codl nose with the Lego Snowman.

My four year old son does everything possible to keep up with both his sisters but, at least for now, he really admires his 6 year old sister. When she decided she wanted Legos for Christmas, he had to have some too. We bought him several small sets but the one he really loved was the simple Snowman.

What You Get
This set of 44 Legos builds a small snowman, complete with "coal" eyes and buttons, a "carrot" nose, "twig" arms and a broom. The set comes in a plastic bag and is recommended for children ages 5-10.

Our Experience
Once the newness of the presents wore off, I declared a cleaning day. We sorted toys, dug out art supplies and dirty socks from under the bed and generally cleaned the house. At four, my son has a limited ability to help and eventually it becomes easier for everyone to get him to play by himself. I hoped this small Lego Snowman set might entertain him for a few minutes.

My son had never built a Lego set according to the directions by himself. He has always had an adult sit with him, show him the pieces, show him the instructions and help him along. Or he just builds whatever he likes. I opened the bag and checked on him several times; he was lying on the floor with his small pile of Legos and the instructions, and was building happily. I was shocked when he came into the playroom 45 minutes later with the completed snowman model that looked exactly like the picture. He was so proud of himself and his snowman that he named him Frosty.

The snowman is adorable and realistic. There is a hole in the snowman's hat so it could be strung and used as an ornament. There isn't a lot of play values to this snowman, the fun is in building the model and displaying it.

Final Thoughts
The Lego Snowman was a great model for my 4 year old son. The directions were simple and clear and he was able to do it completely by himself, although he had quite a few lessons in Lego building before trying this one on his own.

Amount Paid (US$): free

Lego Holiday Creator Christmas Tree 30186 Building Set Bagged

Lego Holiday Creator Christmas Tree 30186 Building Set Bagged

Lego 30186 Creator Christmas Tree This awesome LEGO Creator mini set is brand new and the package is factory sealed.Includes one buildable Christmas T...

Lego 2010 Christmas Set 40009 Holiday Building Set, Nisb, Polybag, Free Shipping

Lego 2010 Christmas Set 40009 Holiday Building Set, NISB, Polybag, Free Shipping New sealed as shown, some polybags may show slight wrinkles and wear,...

Lego 2010 Christmas Set 40008 Snowman Building Set, Nisb, Polybag, Free Shipping

Lego 2010 Christmas Set 40008 Snowman Building Set, NISB, Polybag, Free Shipping New sealed as shown, some polybags may show slight wrinkles and wear,...

2009 Lego 30008 Exclusive Christmas Snowman Building Set Poly Bag Sealed

2009 Lego 30008 Exclusive Christmas Snowman Building Set Poly Bag Sealed

2009 Lego 30008 Exclusive Christmas Snowman Building Set Poly Bag New Sealed New Sealed Bag, Free Shipping Thank you Onlinefireworks Team Carl

2009 Lego 40003 Exclusive Christmas Snowman Building Set Sealed Free Ship

2009 Lego 40003 Exclusive Christmas Snowman Building Set Sealed Free Ship

2009 Lego 40003 Exclusive Christmas Snowman Building Set NEW Sealed Free Shipping New Sealed, Free Shipping Thank you Onlinefireworks Team Carl

LEGO City Police Station Building Set

LEGO City Police Station Building Set

Sound the Police Station alarm with the Police Station LEGO Building Set! The tow truck has yanked the jail window clean off with the chain and is hel...

LEGO DUPLO 2304 Large Green Building Plate

LEGO DUPLO 2304 Large Green Building Plate

The big piece you need to start building big with DUPLO! For ages 2-5. Start building your own LEGO home right here! There's no better place to start ...
EntertainmentEarth.com

LEGO(R) DUPLO(R) Toddler Starter Building Set

LEGO(R) DUPLO(R) Toddler Starter Building Set

Let your young child explore, play and create with the all-new LEGO(R) DUPLO(R) Toddler Starter Building Set! Extra-large LEGO(R) Disney DUPLO bricks ...
Boscovs.com

LEGO DUPLOŽ: Toddler Starter Building Set (10561)

LEGO DUPLOŽ: Toddler Starter Building Set (10561)

Build big animal fun with the Toddler Starter Building Set featuring extra-large DUPLO bricks with fun decals for creating friendly faces!
Official LEGOŽ Shop