Which is worse...their customer service or the product?

Aug 12, 2009

Pros:Looks nice.

Cons:Everything about the refrigerator and the joke they claim is Executive Customer Service!

The Bottom Line: Stay away from LG refrigerators!  The repair tech said he's replaced 13 compressors himself!

This unit is only 2.5yrs old and deemed non-economical to repair.  After having to come home from work 9 times over the last 6 weeks they have given up trying to repair it. So with two small children we've had no fridge for 6 weeks now, gone through 3 compressors, 1 condenser, 1 power board, etc...  Even though I pleaded for them to replace the fridge after the 2nd comp failed, LG made us wait 3 more weeks for the third compressor to be shipped in...and guess what?  This time it was a Whirlpool compressor, and it worked!  Too bad the condensor coil then ruptured, then the power board blew, etc...  Even though I bought a 5-yr. extended service plan for $170, LG will not replace this unit for us.  They are only offering to buy it back at a "pro-rated" price.  So I end up eating the $170 extended warranty and have to fork out aprox. $300 additionally to buy a new unit. What a joke!!!  Hey, at least they are "sorry for my incoinvience" and want to know if "there is anything else they can do for me"?  Nope!  Because you havn't done a blanking thing for me yet!