Looks beautiful in my kitchen, but it is definately a lemon,

Mar 16, 2010

Pros:It looks good.

Cons: Poor Quality. Not worth the money. Poor customer service.

The Bottom Line: This product is not worth the money.  I would not buy a dishwasher from LG again.  The customer service was terrible.

I purchased my LG LDF9932ST Built-in dishwasher about a year and a half ago, and I have not been pleased with it from day one. I bought this particular dishwasher because I liked the way it looked, and I had heard from a number of different people that LG was a good, reliable brand.  It turns out, that it was quite the contrary.
Performance:  I have been very disappointed with the quality of the wash from the beginning.  I would have to hand-wash my dishes before I put them in the dishwasher to ensure that there would be no food residue left on the dishes after they had gone through even the heaviest wash cycle.
Durability:  About a six months ago, the plastic door to the soap dispenser started getting jammed and would not release any detergent during the wash, so I would have to run the same load of dishes sometimes three or four times before it would work and get the dishes clean. Just one month ago, the entire control panel went out and the dishwasher will not even turn on.  I Customer Service:  I have had several conversations with LG representatives as well as an LG maintenance man and they haven't been able to help me.  They have come up with all kinds of excuses; I live outside of the service area, I have hard water, and now that I have been dealing with the problem long enough, it is past the warranty date.  I cannot believe that I have gotten such terrible service. And guess what?  I am still washing dishes by hand!
I paid a great amount of money for this dishwasher, mostly because I liked the looks of it, but I have learned my lesson.  My mother bought a Maytag dishwasher 10 plus years ago and it is still working great.   I am completely disappointed in the LG dishwasher as well as the customer service.