So Far So Good

Oct 7, 2008 (Updated Oct 15, 2008)

Pros:Uses less water, soap, saves energy/money on my electric. Small machine, rinses well, many features.

Cons:Longer drying time, needs smaller loads, cleans less laundry at one time

The Bottom Line: So far, I find this a good machine.  I say "buy it" if you need a good alternative to a small space for your laundry needs.

I've used my LG WM3431 Ventless Washer/Dryer machine for 5 months now, and I love it! No more "sharing" the laundry machines with my building neighbors is worth the price itself. This little machine is great for a single person and really gets the laundry clean. Yes, the drying time is long (1.3 - 2.7 hrs depending on load capacity/spin cycle, etc.), but it's not a problem for me. It's very quiet to run; the spin cycle is the loudest thing about it, and it's not loud at all. I use it at the same time as my dishwasher and it's just wonderful. I have a small apartment and am not allowed a normal washer/dryer unit, so this fits the bill. My friends think it's cool, and they bring their laundry over when we have Movie Night. My mom lives in a trailer and is thinking about buying one for herself; to save on electric and water. You have a choice to use this as a Portable unit (hook up to faucet and drain in sink), or to make it permanent. I chose to make it part of my kitchen appliances and I had it installed under a kitchen cabinet. The hardest thing was finding someone to hook it up, it is very tricky if you are not a plumber. Be careful to wash only 3-4 bath towels at a time to really get them clean and use the extra rinse; no more than 7 lbs of clothes at a time to make sure they get clean and rinsed thoroughly. And, drying time is shorter when you have 7 lbs or less. My delicates are so much happier now; they don't get ripped now and they come out so clean and not wrinkled at all if I take them out right away and hang them up. That's the trick to unwrinkled laundry with this LG machine; take the laundry out right away and "shake" the excess dampness out. Only takes a minute to do this, but works like a charm. Only suggestion is to add a Lint Filter so the lint does not gather in the front of the machine and ultimately on the laundry as you take it out of the machine.