LG WM3987HW All-in-One Washing Machine Reviews

LG WM3987HW All-in-One Washing Machine

$1,435.50
Free Shipping AppliancesConnection

Great machine

Nov 26, 2010 (Updated Nov 26, 2010)

Pros:Many cycles, cleans really well, does completely dry clothes but leaves them steamy wrinkle free

Cons:Heavy

The Bottom Line: Best combo unit I've ever used

Left a giant house where I had an LG side by side that I loved and moved into a smaller condo in the city which just had a small laundry closet for stackables - but had no external venting and only had a 110 volt outlet (and a stupid architect apparently).  The condo had furnished a crappy Equator combo unit that ran forever, wrinkled everything, and dried nothing and only held like 2 jeans, or a towel or two.  So bought this unit on my own because it was fullsized and I had good experience with LG before.  I couldn't be happier.  The clothes do feel steamy when you first open the door, but seriously you just take out the garment, wave it back and forth in the air for a few seconds, and the steam disappears and they are dry as can be.  I hear this is common for all steam dryers and not just the combos.  It doesn't seem to matter even if I fill the unit with what I normally filled my old side by side - this drum is huge and I never crammed the old units full anyway - so I am able to do the same loads as before.  It takes about 3 hours to completely do a full load on the normal cycle , but the beauty is that I don't have to hang around to wait on the washer to end.  I can toss in the load and leave to enjoy the city and not worry about waiting to put the clothes in the dryer. They will be dry and wrinkle free when I get home.

The LG WM3987HW 36 Cu Ft DOE high-efficiency all-in-one washer and electric vent-less dryer is perfect if you don39t have an external venting source w...
AppliancesConnection