Linksys E2000 300 Mbps 4-Port Gigabit Wireless N Router (B003B20F54) Reviews

Linksys E2000 300 Mbps 4-Port Gigabit Wireless N Router (B003B20F54)

Epinions Product Rating: OK

Free Shipping Newegg.com

Awesome router, best value for $

Aug 28, 2011

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:Robust hardware, excellent value

Cons:Price

The Bottom Line: Go get one, even if it is refurb. Its an excellent value.

When I accidentally saw the 1* reviews of this router I could not believe myself. Reason being I am using one for the last 6 month. I used this to extend my network across two physically separated location where running a network cable would only mean a big NO from wife. At its current configuration, it is connected to my main router via wireless and serves network connection through its wired ports. I never ever have a single issue with my router. The biggest turn on of this router is how easy it can be used with modified firmwares. But before getting into that I must mention that it worked flawlessly at its stock firmware. Pushbutton setup is a wasteful way to setup networking. If you know how to setup wireless networking, you know that you do not need to upgrade your OS; whoever did it made some mistake for sure. Or there must be something else interfering.
If you have this router, please do yourself a favor and read instruction to upgrade firmware to either dd-wrt or tomato. A user will be immensely surprised by the hidden features when you use one of these firmwares. Over wireless bridging, I get aboput 12MBPS which is very decent considering my network has 54g as well as wireless-N cards co-mingled.

Driver Availability: Other

Buy Linksys E2000 Wireless Router Selectable Dual Band Gigabit 802.11a&#47b&#47g&#47n 2.4&#475GHz up to 300Mbps with fast shipping and top...
Newegg.com