Lush Angels Delight Soap

Epinions Product Rating: OK

It's So Delightful To Meet You!

Apr 30, 2007

Pros:Smell, lasting power, price

Cons:lather, cheap smell when you use it in shower

The Bottom Line: Angel's Delight is a great scented soap from Lush. I'm in love with the scent, and will be purchasing it with my next order

On my first Lush order ever, I knew I would be receiving free samples. I was hoping for honey I washed the kids, and sexy peel.

Instead one of my samples was a decent sized piece of Angel’s Delight glycerin soap.

It was a soap I wouldn’t have bought on my own without that sample incentive. For one, I hate glycerin soaps, they’re slippery, they melt fast, and they’re messy. Then when I saw the sharp edged star glitter throughout the soap, I knew it was not for me.

However I instantly fell in love with Angel’s Delight; I could smell an inviting scent of something fruity right through the clear wrap.

I knew that this one sample piece would probably last through only one shower, as glycerin soaps melt fast.
Not only that it’s from Lush, and rumor has it a lot of their soaps melt fast, glycerin or not.

The piece I got was pink. It showed no traces of purple in it, or any spots of star glitter like it shows on the website at www.Lush.com. Seeing how lush cuts pieces from a large block, you never really know what you are going to get. You may end up with a purple piece with no stars, a pink piece with too many stars. For me, it makes the order all the more exciting.

The scent smells just like fruit punch when you first smell it. It is not overpowering like some other Lush soap, nor is it too weak.

I know that Lush soaps tend to come to life in all their glory once they hit warm water, so I was really excited to see what would blossom from my Angels Delight bar.

SPILSH SPLASH I WAS TAKIN A BATH…

I didn’t wait longer than 10 minutes after opening my Lush order to run to the shower to give this sample a try.

Angels Delight worked magic in my shower, I was instantly in love with it’s fruity scent, and yes it did get a little stronger once it hit the water.

However after a good scrubbing I realized it smelled just like generic fruit punch powdered drink mix. It wasn’t awful, but it surely didn’t smell like fresh fruit. The smell also wasn’t horrible; I still liked it, but was disappointed how it no longer smelled the way it did when I first smelled it.

Angel’s Delight fails miserably in the lather department. It really took a lot of scrubbin’ n’ rubbin to get suds to form, and they don’t really last. Even though the lather was a miss, I still felt clean, so I was happy.

I was happy to report that the soap lasted for the entire shower; it was not something I was expecting. I figured once this hit the water it would evaporate before my eyes.

I’m also happy to report that even though this is a glycerin soap, I didn’t drop it once. Maybe I was just lucky, but the soap itself wasn’t too slippery.

DRY TIME:

This is where Angel’s Delight picks up the bad and makes it right. Once I dried off, I could smell the sweet subtle fruity scent, and this time it smelled fruity, not like powdered drink. So I liked it 100% again.

The best part for me was how this fruit punchy scent stayed with me for at least 3 hours after using only a sample. I was sold; I knew I would be purchasing this with my next order, which will be occurring right after I finish this up. Haha!

Sadly though Angel’s Delight didn’t add much moisture to my skin, as a matter of fact my skin felt dry and thirsty afterwards.

HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF LUSH:

I would recommend if you order or purchase any soaps from Lush that you cut the bar up into sample sized pieces. It’s really all you need, and one 3.5 oz bar can get you at least 7 or 8 separate showers. Once you have all of your pieces cut up, I would recommend putting the rest in a cool dry place, or better yet… the refrigerator.

HOW MUCH? WHERE CAN I GET IT?

Angel’s Delight cost $6.65 for a 3.5oz bar. It’s actually a cheap soap from Lush, where other soaps usually run in the $7.00 plus category. You can find Angel’s Delight at any local Lush store, or if you are unfortunate like me (sigh), you are forced to order it from the site not knowing what the soap will actually smell like. It’s really a gamble for us online buyers, but the surprise is fun nonetheless.

I just wish the shipping charges were fair. Lush charges about $8 for shipping on one soap, if you order more the shipping rate is the same. $8.
It’s not fair to charge me $8 for shipping on one soap, and $8 for 3. If I want to order just one it should be cheaper. Scandalous!

Angel's Deligh is $6.65, which is reasonable. Slap on an addition $8 for shipping, and you're not so happy anymore.

WHAT LUSH.COM SAYS ABOUT ANGEL’S DELIGHT-

Why do angels come down to earth at Christmas? To get their fruity soap, like everyone else does. Out fruity, sparkly special hand and body soap tones and twinkles your skin to make you feel like an angel, even if you haven't been behaving like one. Its fruity scent has been likened to Jelly Babies. Each year it looks slightly different but smells just as gorgeous. Get your slice off this year's batch.

WHAT MAKES IT SMELL SO DELIGHTFUL!?

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Perfume, Titanium Dioxide, Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata), Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), EDTA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Sodium Chloride, Glycerine, *Limonene, *Linalool, D&C Red No. 33, D&C Violet No. 2, FD&C Red No. 4, FD&C Blue No. 1, Golden Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and FD&C Yellow No.5), Golden Edible Lustre (Potassium aluminum silicate, Titanium dioxide, Iron oxides and hydroxides), Silver Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate and aluminum powder), Iris Glitter (Polyethylene terephthalate),

RECOMMENDATION:

I love Angel’s Delight; the scent reminds me of hot summer days and picnics with plastic cups of fruit punch and the juice mustaches young children walk around with as if it’s a new fashion statement.
It’s really a playful scent, and the scent lasts. I was surprised it did because the soap itself didn’t smell overpowering. Usually I only expect overpowering soaps to last on my skin.

This is also definitely a girly scent. But you could use it on young children as well. Boy or girl, children will enjoy this scent.

4 Oz Karma Lush Type Candle & Soap Fragrance Oil

4 Oz Karma Lush Type Candle & Soap Fragrance Oil

★★★ PLEASE READ ★★★DUE TO NEW EBAY POLICIES I CAN NO LONGER REFUND THE DIFFERENCE IN SHIPPING IF YOU DO NOT WAIT FOR A COMBINED INVOICE.IF...

Lush Decor Brown/Pink Leopard 6-piece Comforter Set (5-Piece Twin)

Lush Decor Brown/Pink Leopard 6-piece Comforter Set (5-Piece Twin)

Made with a beautiful gold and brown leopard printed lace overlay on pink faux silk, this light weight comforter set also comes with two beautiful dec...
Overstock.com

Lush Decor Leopard Brown/Pink 6-pc Comforter Set Full Juvy

Lush Decor Leopard Brown/Pink 6-pc Comforter Set Full Juvy

This 5pc set made with beautiful gold/brown leopard printed lace overlay on pink faux silk, plus two beautiful decorative pillows.

4 Oz Rock Star Lush Type Candle & Soap Fragrance Oil

4 Oz Rock Star Lush Type Candle & Soap Fragrance Oil

Lush Decor Brown/Pink Leopard 6-piece Comforter Set (6-Piece Full)

Lush Decor Brown/Pink Leopard 6-piece Comforter Set (6-Piece Full)

Overstock.com

4 Oz Snowcake Lush Type Candle & Soap Fragrance Oil

4 Oz Snowcake Lush Type Candle & Soap Fragrance Oil

Lush Dcor Star Quilt

Lush Dcor Star Quilt

Find bedspreads, comforters and bedding coordinates at Target.com! Lush dcor star quilt