L'Oreal Body Expertise Hydrafresh Moisturizing Body Spray Reviews

L'Oreal Body Expertise Hydrafresh Moisturizing Body Spray

Great For Summer, and Possibly For Psoriasis Sufferers: L'Oreal Body Expertise HydraFresh Moisturizing Body Spray

Dec 26, 2003

Pros:Effective, lightweight moisturizing; easy and fast to apply; helps my skin condition (psoriasis); smells fantastic

Cons:Hard to spray when down to the last bit in the bottle; hard to find

The Bottom Line: This is a great, lightweight moisturizer that will be ideal for a lot of women in the summer. Psoriasis sufferers might want to give it a try as well.

Sometimes my mom (who is as addicted to beauty products as I am, but won't admit it) buys things, thinking that she will love them. This happens the most when she buys any type of body lotion or moisturizer - she hates lotions, creams, body butters and oils, but once in a while she will buy them anyway, thinking that she will like that particular moisturizing product. When she uses them once or twice and doesn't like them, she rarely returns them and always gives them to me. I inherited a nice tube of an Estee Lauder elastin body moisturizer this way - but before that, I inherited a bottle of L'Oreal Body Expertise HydraFresh Moisturizing Body Spray.

Product Details:

L'Oreal Body Expertise HydraFresh Moisturizing Body Spray (which I will refer to as Body Expertise Body Spray from this point forward for the sake of space) is a light, body moisturizing spray that is misted onto the body with a pump spray. It comes in an 8 oz. pump spray bottle, with a sprayer that also screws off if you should need to apply it differently (such as when you are getting low and it's hard to spray without twisting your arm in 50 directions!). The plastic bottle is tinted a light teal shade, and the plastic pump spray is the same color. The pump spray has a clear plastic cap.

The moisturizing body spray inside the bottle is thin in consistency and is milky white. It looks like watered-down milk to me. The scent is fantastic - I absolutely love the smell of this stuff. It has a fresh scent - it reminds me of a mixture of the clean scent of Bonne Bell Shower 2000 Shower Gel and the shower-fresh scent Philosophy Amazing Grace - if that makes any sense.

Body Expertise Body Spray is part of L'Oreal's Body Expertise body care line that includes a body exfoliant, ExfoTonic; a firming body lotion, NutriFit; and PerfectSlim, a cellulite-reducing treatment. I'm sure that L'Oreal wants us to believe that all of these products would work better if we used all of them together. Yeah, right - I'm not buying one more body scrub/exfoliant until I use up the 50 I already have! So these products, in my opinion, need to work nicely by themselves!

Body Expertise Body Spray is used by just simply spraying the moisturizer onto the skin. You can choose to rub it in, or you can just spray it on and let it absorb on its own. It is non-oily and non-staining, and the scent lingers for about 15 minutes after spraying onto the skin.

Ingredients (taken from packaging):

Water, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, isocetyl stearate, petrolatum, sucrose tristearate, polysorbate-61, tocopheryl acetate, disodium stearoyl glutamate, stearic acid, ascorbyl glucoside, ammonium polyacrylolydimethyl taurate, disodium EDTA, panthenol, sodium citrate, BHT, sodium-hydroxide, methylparaben, phenoxyethanol, chlorphenesin, fragrance.

My Experience:

I'm a big believer in heavy body moisturizers like oil sprays and body butters. I've been so tired of having dry body skin all of my adult life and I feel that the more moisture I put on my body, the better. Add to that the fact that I have psoriasis (a skin condition I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy) and live in Ohio's "snow belt" (where we have harsh winters) - so I'm game for just about any moisturizer that comes my way.

When my mom first gave me this bottle of Body Expertise Body Spray, I chuckled. It was summer when she gave it to me - and even in summer, I can use a heavier moisturizer and not be too moisturized. There was no way that this bottle of watered-down moisturizer was going to do any sort of moisturizing, right?

Wrong! I have grown to absolutely LOVE this moisturizing spray. First, it really is non-sticky as L'Oreal states. I was afraid that it would be sticky, watery and annoying. It isn't. Second, I thought it would be a joke as a moisturizer. It is the best light-weight moisturizer I've found for summer use. My skin isn't as dry in the summer, and I can spray this moisturizer all over my body and be moisturized all day. The first time I checked my legs to see if they were still moisturized, I couldn't believe that they were still soft, smooth and moisturized. Third, over the course of the first two weeks that I used this, I noticed a significant improvement in the psoriasis flare-up that I had been experiencing (which used to be an occasional spot here and there). I had probably 5 to 10% of my arms covered with psoriasis this past summer, and it was getting worse. Using the Body Expertise Body Spray not only reduced the redness and scaling, but actually helped a lot of the patches to heal quite a bit. I figured that it couldn't be the Body Expertise Body Spray that was helping, but once I stopped using it to see if it really was what was helping, I realized that it really was the Body Expertise Body Spray that was helping!

This product is now my body moisturizer of choice for summer use. Unless you are afflicted with psoriasis, you have no idea what a negative impact it can have on your life. In the summer, I actually dread wearing short sleeves, because inevitably, some ignorant-but-well-meaning person will ask "What did you do to your arm?" That question has to be answered, and then you have to explain that no, psoriasis is not like eczema, and no, it's not contagious, and no, there's no cure. Ugh! But aside from the positive impact it has on my psoriasis, Body Expertise Body Spray is quick and easy to use (no rubbing-in required), smells great, and is an effective light moisturizer for summer use. One bottle will last for a few months of daily use, as a little goes a long way. When you are down to the last little bit in the bottle, just unscrew the pump sprayer and pour the moisturizer into your hand instead of trying to spray out the last little bit. At first, I tried to spray out the last little bit and practically gave myself carpal tunnel syndrome by twisting my wrist and arm in 50 directions.

Price and Purchasing Information:

You can find Body Expertise Body Spray at some drugstores for about $8.99, although I'm finding it harder to find at my local Rite Aid and CVS drugstores. It is also available at Wal-Mart. Online, it can be purchased for $7.99 at Drugstore.com.

L'oreal Dermo Expertise Toner, Hydrafresh - 8.5 Oz

L'oreal Dermo Expertise Toner, Hydrafresh - 8.5 Oz

netbay747 store AL-COHOL FREE L'Oreal Dermo Expertise Toner, Hydrafresh - 8.5 fl oz (251 ml)Refreshes in a splash. Alcohol-free. Gentle, non-drying fo...

L'Oreal Hydrafresh 2 Ultra-hydrating Creams Set Normal/ Combination Skin 2x1.7 oz Comes Brand new, 100% Authentic no knockoff!
L'oreal Dermo-expertise Hydrafresh Toner Facial Astringents 8.5 Oz

L'oreal Dermo-expertise Hydrafresh Toner Facial Astringents 8.5 Oz

L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise Hydrafresh Toner Facial Astringents 8.5 oz

L'Oreal Hydrafresh 2 Ultra-Hydrating Creams (Normal/ Combination Skin) 2x 50ml/1.7oz by L'Oreal

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$39.00 - Hydrafresh 2 Ultra-Hydrating Creams (Normal/ Combination Skin)-2x 50ml/1.7oz - skincare / cosm...
StrawberryNET.com

L'OREAL by L'Oreal for WOMEN Dermo-Expertise Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Aqua-Essence --/1.7OZ

Dermo-Expertise Hydrafresh All Day Hydration Aqua-Essence --/1.7OZ for WOMEN
FragranceNet
L'oreal Dermo-expertise Hydrafresh Toner Facial Astringents 8.5 Oz (3 Pack)

L'oreal Dermo-expertise Hydrafresh Toner Facial Astringents 8.5 Oz (3 Pack)

L'Oreal Dermo-Expertise Hydrafresh Toner Facial Astringents 8.5 oz (3 Pack)

L'Oreal Paris HydraFresh Alcohol-Free Toner, 8.5-Fluid Ounce
L'Oreal Hydrafresh 2 Ultra-Hydrating Creams (Day to Sensitive Skin) 2x50ml/1.7oz by L'Oreal

Free Shipping worldwide. Recommended Retail: US$39.00 - Hydrafresh 2 Ultra-Hydrating Creams (Day to Sensitive Skin)-2x50ml/1.7oz - skincare / cosmetic...
StrawberryNET.com

L'oreal Dermo-expertise Hydrafresh Toner 8.50 Oz

L'oreal Dermo-expertise Hydrafresh Toner 8.50 Oz

Heading Because you're worth it. Purpose Toner Manufacturer Loreal Active Ingredients Aqua/Water; Glycerin; Alcohol Denat.; Butylene Glycol; Sodium Ch...

L'OREAL by L'Oreal for WOMEN Hydrafresh 2 Ultra-Hydrating Creams (Day to Sensitive Skin) --2x50ml/1.7oz

Hydrafresh 2 Ultra-Hydrating Creams (Day to Sensitive Skin) --2x50ml/1.7oz for WOMEN
FragranceNet