L'Il Critters Gummy Vites Multivitamin Dietary Supplement Reviews

L'Il Critters Gummy Vites Multivitamin Dietary Supplement

Gummi Vitamins make taking vitamins easy

Apr 30, 2006 (Updated Apr 30, 2006)

Pros:Great Flavors, Easy to Take, NO disgusting vitamin after taste, doesn't upset the stomach

Cons:can easily be mistaken for candy, missing vitamins and minerals

The Bottom Line: If you struggle to take your multivitamins, or have children who do, give these a try! They taste great and take the chore out of taking vitamins.

Even though I'm not a child, I still struggle to take my vitamins.
Most of the "grown up" versions make me gag because they are just too strong tasting, or they have 500% of everything which can be dangerous! The only ones I have found that are okay are Centrums, but I still don't love how those taste. I've had to get rid of whole containers of vitamins because they practically made me throw up after taking just one. My stomach gets upset if I take certain brands as well, so I have to be picky about it.

I spied The "Lil Critters Gummy Vites" at Costco and picked up some. A container of 220 Gummy Bears costs about 10 dollars there, and they have the other versions available as well. I'm not sure how much these are elsewhere, but I know costco usually gets deals on the things they sell and often times has larger containers available.

The Gummy Vites taste and look exactly like the candy version of themselves, except that there are no artificial flavors or colors. The colors of these gummies are translucent berry, yellow, and orange instead of the opaque primaries the candy comes in. Also, these are not sticky or too sweet.

I find that taking these is completely painless. Unlike the grown up ones, these don't have me tasting vitamins all day long, and they are very enjoyable to take. The fruit flavors are all really good, and I don't find myself favoring any colors or flavors over the others.

The only bad thing is that if you are giving these to children, keep them in a safe place because they could so easily be confused with the candies. Also, if you are an adult who needs certain vitamins or minerals, compare the label to your normal multivitamin to see how they fit together. I have to switch every other day with these and the centrums because I tend to be low on iron. These don't have iron in them. It would be nice if the company would make an adult version of these with everything an adult needs.

The label states the following information:

The Vitamins & Minerals Kids Need!

Flavors:

* White Grape
* Tropical Punch

No Artificial Flavors or Colors

Suggested Use:
As a dietary supplement, parents may give each child up to two (2) L'il Critters Gummy Vites® per day. Instruct child to chew each Gummy Vite carefully and thoroughly.

Supplement Facts:
Serving Size: 2 Gummy Bears
Servings Per Container: 110
Amount Per Serving - % Daily Value:*
2-4 yrs, 4 & up
Calories 15, Total Carbohydrate 4 g - **, 1%, Sugars 3 g - **, Vitamin A (as retinyl palmitate) 2,600 IU - 104%, 52%, Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 20 mg - 50%, 33%, Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol) 80 IU - 20%, 20%, Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate) 16.5 IU - 165%, 55%, Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCI) 0.8 mg - 114%, 40%, Folate (as folic acid) 260 mcg - 130%, 65%, Vitamin B-12 (as cyanocobalamin) 4.32 mcg - 143%, 72%, Biotin 66 mcg - 44%, 22%, Pantothenic Acid (a calcium d-pantothenate) 5.5 mg - 110%, 55%
Iodine (as potassium iodide) 40 mcg - 57%, 27%, Zinc (as zinc citrate) 2.4 mg - 30%, 16%
Choline (as choline bitartrate) 20 mcg - **, **
Inositol 20 mcg - **, **.

*% Daily Value based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Daily Value not established.

Other Ingredients:
Glucose Syrup (Corn), Sucrose, Gelatin, Citric Acid, Lactic Acid, Colors (Annatto, Black Carrot Juice Concentrate and Turmeric), Natural Flavors, Fractionated Coconut Oil and Beeswax to prevent sticking.

This product contains no wheat (gluten), milk, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, soya, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.

The facility that makes this product also makes products that contain wheat (gluten) and milk using different equipment.

If your child has a medical condition, or is on medication, do not use this product. Seek the advice of a qualified health care professional before using. Not recommended for children under two years of age due to choking.

Keep out of the reach of children.

I'm not sure if this label info shows it, but the container I have has the percent values broken up for children, and then for adults, so you can see how it holds up for both.

All in all, I highly recommend these for people who have trouble taking multivitamins. You might still have to switch off with another grown up brand, but at least it makes the off days very easy. These are a lot better than the flintstone vitamins I remember as a kid, and I'm sure children would not mind taking these at all. Unfortunately, they are not vegan or vegetarian friendly as far as I know, because of the geletan. The company DOES make another version of these that are vegetarian friendly though. You can see those on the company website here. https://ms1.solidweb.com/nwnaturalproducts/lc_product.html

They're a very nice product and I am definitely buying another container once I run out!

Lil Critters Children's Formulas - Gummy Vites 70 Gummy Bears

Lil Critters Children's Formulas - Gummy Vites 70 Gummy Bears

Gummy Vites 70 Gummy Bears. Kids Love 'Em. Parents Trust Them.!L'il Critters Gummy Vites is the #1 children's gummy multivitamin. Kids love the award-...
PureFormulas.com

L'il Critters - Gummy Vites Complete Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Formula Natural Flavors - 190 Gummies

L'il CrittersGummy Vites CompleteNatural Flavors (Natural Cherry, Berry and Citrus Flavors)- 190 Gummy Bears Kids Love 'Em. Parents Trust Them. With n...

L'il Critters Gummy Vites Multi-Vitamin & Mineral 70 Gummies

L'il Critters Gummy Vites Multi-Vitamin & Mineral 70 Gummies

Gummy Vites Multi-Vitamin & Mineral 70 Gummies - Gummy Vites Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Formula from L'il Critters consists of natural cherry, strawberry...
Swanson Health Products

L'il Critters Gummy Vites - 275 ct.

L'il Critters Gummy Vites - 275 ct.

Finally, a multi kids love to take! L'il Critters bear-shaped multivitamins provide the vitamins and minerals kids need, plus they come in yummy gummy...
L'il Critters Gummy Vites Multi-Vitamin Gummies - 70 Count

L'il Critters Gummy Vites Multi-Vitamin Gummies - 70 Count

Find vitamins and supplements at Target.com! Kids love 'em. Parents trust them. With natural flavors it's no wonder that l'il critters gummy vitesis p...

L'il Critters™ Gummy Vites™, 275 Gummy Vites, For Children (c6921)

L'il Critters™ Gummy Vites™, 275 Gummy Vites, For Children (c6921)

Complete multi-vitamin and mineral formula Parents #1 gummy choice Best Tasting Gummy Vitamins^^Many kids do not meet their basic nutrient needs with ...

L'il Critters - Gummy Vites Complete Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Formula Natural Flavors - 70 Gummies

L'il CrittersGummy Vites CompleteNatural Flavors (Natural Cherry, Berry and Citrus Flavors)- 70 Gummy Bears Kids Love 'Em. Parents Trust Them. With na...

L'il Critters Gummy Vites Multi-Vitamin Gummies - 190 Count

L'il Critters Gummy Vites Multi-Vitamin Gummies - 190 Count

L'il Critters - Gummy Vites Complete Multi-Vitamin & Mineral Formula Sour - 70 Gummies

L'il CrittersGummy Vites CompleteSour Flavors (Natural Cherry, Apple and Berry Flavors)- 70 Gummy Bears Experience the power of sour with L'il Critter...