La's Totally Awesome All Purpose Concentrated Cleaner and Degreaser 20 Fl Oz (722429200167) Reviews

This is Awesome!

Feb 15, 2011

Pros:Cleans just about any spot or stain.
Goes a long way
very inexpensive

Cons:no list of ingredients

The Bottom Line: Cleans just about any spot or stain and is very inexpensive

La's Totally Awesome is an "As seem on TV" product. I don't remember ever seeing it advertised on TV and don't think I heard of it until about 18 years ago. There was a door to door salesman that was touting this cleaner called Awesome. He was demostrating how it removes grease and oil from our driveway. I bought some from him and after using it up, I could never find it in a store. That was until about 3 years ago and then I found it for $1 at the Dollar Tree. Believe you me, I paid a lot more than a $1 for it from the door to door salesman. Now, I don't know if this is the same product that the door to door salesman was touting but I do know it cleans just as good as that did.

La's Totally Awesome cleaner is an all purpose concentrated cleaner and degreaser spot remover. It comes in a 20 ounce plastic sprayer bottle. and looks about the color of apple cider vinegar They tell you to dilute before you use. However, they do tell you to use it straight if you are cleaning auto engines, ink, kitchen stove hood or nicotine buildup. Further into the review I will tell you how I used it straight.

They give a chart on the bottle as to how it is to be diluted to clean things from air conditioners to woodwork. Some things they tell you to dilute it 10 parts water to 1 part cleaner, others they tell you to dilute it from 5 or 2 parts water to 1 part cleaner. I use it mostly at 10 parts water to 1 part cleaner except for stains like coffee or oil, then I use 5 parts water to 1 part cleaner.

When I bought Awesome from the door to door salesman  a second bottle with water to cleaner ratio marked on it came with it and this is what I use with my cleaner.

Things it removes: Blood stains, grease, wine, liquor, gum, oil, glue, coffee, pet stains, some inks, fresh paint, varnish, hair dye, food stains, grape juice, berry juice and many more.

It can be used in carpet cleaning machines but not on leather and it also states "do not use consentrated on glass". I don't use it at all on glass but wonder if they mean to clean glass use it full strength, however, glass is not mentioned in the dilution chart.

I have used it when housebreaking our two dogs that we got as puppies. It takes away the stain plus the odor. I used it at the 10 parts water to 1 part cleaner. I use it all the time when I wipe down the dish washer, refrigerator and range. When I am cleaning the bathroom and wiping down counter tops. When we bought our van, it was used, there was coffee stains on the floor between the two front seats under the cup holders. It took me two applications but Awesome got right at them and took care of them.

My brother and sister-in-law were here visiting and I decided to make enchiladas for dinner. I had on my favorite sweat shirt that I had purchased in Boston when we visited there a few years ago. You guessed it. I got enchilada sauce (it's tomato based) on the sleeve (I drug it across the pan of enchiladas while putting them in the oven) and then I got it on the front of the sweat shirt before I realized I had it on the sleave. I changed my shirt but didn' t have time to treat it. I forgot about it until I went to do laundry. I was so afraid that the shirt was ruined but I decided to see what Awesome would do it if I used it full strenght. Lets just say, I don't have to go to Boston to get another sweat shirt. I sprayed the stain and used a stiff brush and kept repeating until the stain was gone. I will admit that it took several sprays and about a half hour of scrubbing but it took the stain out.

It does not state any where on the bottle what is in this cleaner except to say that it is an eye irritant because it contains 2-butoxy ethanol. Other than that there are no ingredients listed. They do however, tell you what is not in this cleaner and that is acid, ammonia or bleach. They tell you also, it is non-flammable. It advises you to not have prolonged contact with skin. If irritation occurs, wash throughly with water.

I really like this cleaner so much that when I have to purchase it I buy two bottles at a time because I wouldn't want them to stop selling it. One bottle diluted at 10 to 1 last a very long time so I don't have to buy it too often. Everytime I go to the Dollar Tree they I still see  it on the shelf so maybe my fear of not being able to get it is for naught.

Awesome "actually puts cleaning power into plain ol' water."

La's Totally Awesome All Purpose Concentrated Cleaner 4-Pack

La's Totally Awesome All Purpose Concentrated Cleaner 4-Pack

Cleaner, degreaser, and spot remover all-in-oneOur original all-in-on cleaner, degreaser and spot remover is the inspiration behind the LA's Totally A...