Le Couvent Des Minimes Honey & Shea Soothing Foot Cream Reviews

Le Couvent Des Minimes Honey & Shea Soothing Foot Cream

For feet as sweet as honey . . . Le Couvent des Minimes Foot Cream

May 15, 2006

Pros:Great scent, very soothing, softens skin.

Cons:not designed as a heavy-duty foot cream

The Bottom Line: Pamper your feet with this sweet stuff. Your feet will feel and look great.

Like all busy moms I am on my feet more than on the couch and by day's end my feet are aching. Adding to my poor feet's indignity is the fact that I wear sandals for a good 9 months out of the year. Even with a decent scrub and pumice stone, my feet still look dry and neglected unless I apply a good foot cream. I've got several I rotate through, but my favorite by is Le Couvent des Minimes Honey & Shea Soothing Foot Cream, from Bath and Body Works. It's sweet stuff and feels great!

About the product

I originally tested out the hand cream from Le Couvent des Minimes. Wow! This stuff truly smells like honey. I've used other products that have honey but none really have an authentic honey smell. This did. Unfortunately, it seemed a little bit strong for my hands, but then I noticed they also had a foot cream. This strong scent, I figured, might actually work a little better on the feet. Since I had a coupon from Bath & Body Works, I decided to spring for the foot cream.

The packaging tells us that this foot cream "combines a high concentration of Shea butter with soothing Honey extract to create deeply nourishing and softening foot cream. Natural arnica and mint extract calm and sooth tired feet, leaving them fresh and relaxed."

This foot cream just doesn't have a fancy French name--it is actually made in France. Le Couvent des Minimes is a convent located in Haute Provence and has been making beauty products since 1862 using aromatic plants and natural ingredients.

It comes in a silver tube with twist off cap and 5.2 ounces of product. Although it does look like a metal tube, I don't think it actually is--it's got more the feel of a tooth paste tube.

The regular price for Le Couvent des Minimes Foot Cream is $18. Once a month I get a coupon from Bath & Body Works to buy one product and get anther specified product free, so I feel a little less guilty paying the hefty price for this foot cream.

The actually cream is white and with a medium creamy consistency. It dispenses easily from the squeeze tube but don't go overboard. You don't need much (like 1/2 inch of product) to do each foot.

My thoughts

I love the scent and feel of Le Couvent des Minimes Foot Cream. It has just the slightest tingle from the mint extract so it's rejuvenating for tired feet. The cream absorbs easily and leaves my feet super soft. It also leaves my feet with a nice sheen, probably from the Shea butter. No more alligator skin, thank you very much.

When I first purchased the foot cream I used it primarily at night, but now that warm days are here and I'm wearing sandals again, I use it in the mornings as well as it keeps my feet nice looking all day long. And of course, the wonderful scent is just perfect for the feet. Everyone's feet can get hot and sweaty from time to time, and this honey scent acts as a great neutralizer.

The only caveat is that this cream is not really good for healing super dry feet. I do get dry cracked heels from time to time and Le Couvent des Minimes Foot Cream is really not strong enough to deal with this problem. It's more appropriate for a general daily foot cream to maintain softness and help sooth tired feet.

However, I still highly recommend this foot cream for anyone. Its scent is out of this world and it does make your feet look and feel better. And who knows . . . your feet may smell so good that someone might want to suck your toes!

Ingredients:

Aqua, Shea Butter, Glycerin, Isohehexadcane, Corn Starch Modified, Cyclomethicone, Peg-100 Stearate, Glceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Menthyl Lactate, Glycol Stearate, Dimethiconol, Polyacrylamide, Fragrance, Coconut Oil, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Propylene Glycol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Phenoxyethanol, PPG-26 Buteth-16, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum, Laureth-7, Panthenol, Benzoic Acid, Honey Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Dehydroacetic Acid, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Soybean Oil, Sorbitol, Bisabolol, Methyl/Propyl/Isobutyl/Ethyl/Butylparaben.

This has been my contribution to Barb's Write off celebrating her 400th review and her love of France. Congratulations, Barb, on reaching this milestone.

Le Couvent Des Minimes Orange Blossom Floral Water 5.1 Oz Bath Body Works

Le Couvent Des Minimes Orange Blossom Floral Water 5.1 Oz Bath Body Works

BATH BODY WORKS LE COUVENT DES MINIMES NEW ORANGE BLOSSOM FORMULA # 704 SKIN SOFTENING FLORAL WATER Glass bottle is 5.1 fl. oz. 150ml SPRAY Shipping F...

Le Couvent Des Minimes Edt Perfume Verbena & Lemon 3.4oz Bath Body Works

Le Couvent Des Minimes Edt Perfume Verbena & Lemon 3.4oz Bath Body Works

BATH BODY WORKS LE COUVENT DES MINIMES NEW IN BOX VERBENA LEMON FORMULA # 301 Eau De Toilette Colong Glass bottle is 3.4 fl. oz. 100ml NO Sediment in ...

Bath & Body Works Le Couvent Verbena & Lemon Edt Perfume 1.7 Oz (last Available)

BATH BODY WORKS/LE COUVENT DES MINIMES VERBENA LEMON EAU DE TOILETTE 1.7 OZ. NEW IN BOX. PICTURE SHOWS 3.4 OZ BUT THIS AUCTION IS FOR A 1.7 OZ. PLEASE...

O'occitane Le Couvent Des Minimes Botanical Cologne Splash (1oz/30ml) Unboxed

O'occitane Le Couvent Des Minimes Botanical Cologne Splash (1oz/30ml) Unboxed

You are bidding on ONE New L'Occitane Le Couvent Des Minies Eau Des Minimes Botanical Cologne of the Minims Splash (1oz/30ml) NO BOX Please READ caref...

Eau De Soin Verbena & Lemon By Le Couvent Des Minimes 1.0 Oz Body Splash Spray

Eau De Soin Verbena & Lemon By Le Couvent Des Minimes 1.0 Oz Body Splash Spray

Store Home About Us View All Listings Store Policies FAQ Contact Add our store to your favorites and receive exclusive emails about new items and spec...