Learning Resources LER7191 Magnetic Tabletop Pocket Chart Eac H - 765023071917 Reviews

Learning Resources LER7191 Magnetic Tabletop Pocket Chart Eac H - 765023071917

+$5.99 shipping Toys R Us

Magnetic Tabletop Pocket Chart

Aug 31, 2008 (Updated Aug 31, 2008)

Pros:eighteen thumbs up from Osage County First Grade

Cons:pricey

The Bottom Line: The 15.7 x 13.5 x 0.6 inch Magnetic Tabletop holder is made of firm material enclosed with a blue plastic material covering.

One of the handiest objects we use is our Magnetic Tabletop Pocket Chart from Learning Resources. The self-standing, double-sided chart has a magnetic board portion at the top of the holder as well as storage pockets for storing flash cards or other small items.

Osage County First Grade does not put magnetic tiles or letters in the pockets. Those are most often stored in recycled Maxwell House handled, blue coffee canisters.

The Magnetic Tabletop Pocket Chart from Learning Resources has a well-built handle plus it will fold for easy storage when not in use.

The 15.7 x 13.5 x 0.6 inch Magnetic Tabletop holder is made of firm material enclosed with a blue plastic material covering. The bright yellow pocket creates a –yellow jacket holder- in the words of Osage County First Grade. Our school mascot is a yellow jacket and the kids firmly believe the holder has been made –just for us-.

The magnetic portion is at the top of the holder where it provides plenty of room for listing four words –written- with magnetic tiles from our Dolch word book.

The pocket has a clear window allowing Osage First Grade opportunity to see flash cards, if any, inside. Pocket closure is Velcro. Should the Velcro pull loose I will add more.

==========================
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION for this item includes Magnetic Tabletop Pocket Chart from Learning Resources provides a magnetic board on top and three storage pockets, a sturdy handle for carrying and will collapse for easy storage.

The holder is intended for use with magnetic tiles or foam magnetic letters or numbers that are sold separately.
The Magnetic Tabletop Pocket Chart dimensions are 15.7 x 13.5 x 0.6 inches.

Intended for use with children between 5 to 8 years
Suitable for classroom, home school, church class, and home use.
==========================

Osage County First Grade takes the Magnetic Tabletop Pocket Chart from Learning Resources to a table, or a spot on the rug where a pair of students will work together using magnetic tiles, magnet letters of numerals to –write words- in particular the one-syllable words as Little People isolate phonemes by identifying the beginning, middle, and ending sounds in one-syllable words such as the beginning sound of sog is /s/ , the middle sound in dan is /a/ , and will add or delete a phoneme to a word such as /p/ at = pat, cat - /k/ = at .

Osage County First Grade is encouraged to form actual words as well as nonsense words in part because nonsense words are parts of other words and in part because children need to be able to sound all sounds whether they are actual words or not. Cit is a nonsense word, it is part of city which kids will learn later.

Osage County First Grade works on short and long vowel patterns such as Consonant-Vowel-Consonant words as in tad, rid, cut.

As with all products which face ongoing Little People use our holder is beginning to show some signs of wear, not to worry, one supply I put on our first of the year supply list was either masking tape or a roll of colored duct tape. The roll of bright yellow tape brought by one child will do nicely to bind the edges when the need does arise.

Much of our work centering on magnetic letters, tiles and numerals is done by utilizing inexpensive cooky sheets; while I really like the Magnetic Tabletop Pocket Chart from Learning Resources it IS a tad pricey so one is what we have in conjunction with our cooky sheets. On the other hand, having only one make the chart holder most special, and Osage County First Grade works very hard to earn the privilege of being next to use this particular item during Work Station activity time.

The kids rarely catch on that I use a rotating schedule to ensure that each child DOES have ongoing turns to use this special item. Happy to recommend.

===========================
Reviewed by Molly’s Reviews
molly martin
===========================

Product Details and Shipping Information from Amazon
Learning Resources Magnetic Double-Sided Tabletop Pocket Chart

Product Description
From the Manufacturer
The self-standing, double-sided pocket chart features a magnetic board on top and three storage pockets. Has a sturdy handle and collapses for easy storage. Use this with magnetic tiles or magnetic letters or numbers.

Product Description

This self-standing, double-sided pocket chart features magnetic board and three storage pockets perfect to use with magnetic tiles. Measures 12 1/4"W x 14 3/4"L x 4"H. Collapses for easy storage.

Product Features
Features a magnetic board on top and three storage pockets
Has a sturdy handle and collapses for easy storage
Use with magnetic tiles or foam magnetic letters or numbers sold separately

Product Details
Product Dimensions: 15.7 x 13.5 x 0.6 inches ; 2.6 pounds
Shipping Weight: 1 pounds Ships from and sold by MyClassroomSupplies.
Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.

ASIN: B0009K8PVW

$20.71 In Stock.

Type of Toy: Other
Age Range of Child: 6 to 8 Years

With a sturdy handle, this selfstanding Magnetic DoubleSided Tabletop Pocket Chart from Learning Resources collapses for easy storage and features 2 m...
Toys R Us
With a sturdy handle, this self-standing Magnetic Double-Sided Tabletop Pocket Chart from Learning Resources collapses for easy storage and features 2...
This self-standing, double-sided pocket chart features a magnetic write-on/wipe-off board on top and three storage pockets. Has a sturdy handle and co...