Leslie Sansone - Walk Away The Pounds:The Ultimate Collection W/Stretchie

This is the best Leslie Sansone workout.

Mar 10, 2011 (Updated Mar 10, 2011)

Pros:A nice variety of walks.  Perfect for whatever time is available.

Cons:Repackaged so may already have the walks on other DVDs.

The Bottom Line: Excellent replay value.  The simplest way to manage stress and burn calories.

I have been walking with Leslie Sansone for more than a decade now and think this is her best DVD.  It may be tempting to stick with a favorite walk, but changing it up like it is on this DVD is important to ensure the muscles don’t get too efficient by doing the same moves over and over.

This DVD has 4 complete workouts and a Stretchy band is included inside the DVD case to give the arm muscles a little bit of resistance.  Each workout has a warm up, the walk, and a cool down.

All of the workouts are based on walking so there are only four basic moves to learn:  marching in place, walking 4 steps and back, leg raises, gentle leg kicks, side to side movements (not lunges), and kick backs.  Occasionally the arms are added with a gentle arm raise above the head.

Anyone who is able to walk will be able to do this workout.  There’s no jogging, hopping or jumping. The use of the hand weights or Stretchy band is totally optional.  Leslie encourages the home viewer by reminding the viewer of all the positive health benefits from walking.   In addition to discussing the moves and proper form, she also talks to kill the time.  Compared to other fitness instructors, Leslie does a lot of chatting.

One Mile Get Up and Get Started – 18 minutes
The one mile walk is very fast walk.  This walk uses a lot of arm lifting and intensity is added with the weights.  I will occasionally use this workout in the evening just to say I did something.  It may also be nice to use in addition to a personalized workout.

Two Mile Brisk Walk – 30 minutes
I use the two mile walk on evenings when I feel like I need a little help digesting dinner or have extra energy to burn.  My young daughter likes to do this walk with me mostly so she can use the Stretchy band.  I’m able to do this work out in my jeans so there’s no planning needed.

Three Mile Advanced Walk – 51 minutes
The three mile walk is probably my favorite.  It’s a high energy walk that gets the energy level up and is the correct intensity for fat burning.  The Stretchy band is incorporated in the last mile of the walk.  It’s not strenuous because there are not that many reps and the user has the ability to adjust the intensity level based on how much tension is left in the band.  Whenever I’m scheduled to do a workout but just don’t feel like it, I will put the 3-mile walk on.  I don’t have to worry about feeling tired after the workout or sore the next day and I feel more energetic after the walk.

Four Mile Advanced Walk – 60 minutes
The first two miles of this walk are a high intensity workout where the arms are pumping and several instances of back kicks and side steps.  By mile three the tempo slows down.  All of my enthusiasm is gone by the end of the third mile and I usually don’t want to do the fourth mile because I start to lose interest but I push through because if I made it that far, I might as well keep on going.  The fourth mile incorporates the grapevine and has a much slower pace.  The length and intensity of this really constitutes a workout so I count it as my workout for the day.  This workout has resulted in weight loss in my experience.  Any time I’m at a plateau, I work on the 4-mile a couple of times and it does the trick.  My only complaint is this routine isn’t as upbeat so not as fun as the others.

Overall
This DVD has wonderful playback value.  I’ve been using it every week for more than 8 months now and it’s really kept me interested.  I’ve tried most of Leslie's walks and think this is truly the ultimate collection.  They are fun routines and seem to be the perfect intensity for me for a good calorie burn without any real effort.  The routines are so easy on the body there’s no reason not to use the DVD on a regular basis.

Viewing Format: DVD
Video Occasion: Better than Watching TV

Leslie Sansone: Walk Away The Pounds Ultimate Collection (2009)

Leslie Sansone: Walk Away The Pounds Ultimate Collection (2009)

“Leslie Sansone-Walk Away The Pounds: The Ultimate Collection” will help you lose the calories and tone your body to perfection. This DVD contains...

Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds 5 Day Fit Walk Dvd 5 Workouts Walking

Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds 5 Day Fit Walk Dvd 5 Workouts Walking

If you don’t have time for gym, then the Leslie Sansone: Walk Away the Pounds- 5-Day Fit Walk is the right choice for you. This Leslie Sansone 2006 ...

Leslie Sansone: Walk Away the Pounds - 7-Day Calorie Blast DVD

Leslie Sansone: Walk Away the Pounds - 7-Day Calorie Blast DVD

This walking fitness workout from Leslie Sansone offers a 7-day program that increases in difficulty as the body develops endurance.
Family Video

Leslie Sansone - Walk Away The Pounds - 5-day Dvd

Leslie Sansone - Walk Away The Pounds - 5-day Dvd

LESLIE SANSONE:WALK AWAY THE POUNDS 5

LESLIE SANSONE:WALK AWAY THE POUNDS 5

No description available. Genre: Exercise/Fitness Rating: NR Release Date: 0000-00-00 Media Type: DVD SKU: CHEV15112298