Avril is Awesome

Sep 15, 2002

Pros:Wonderful CD with no mushy ballads

Cons:Sometimes sings a little fast to understand but thats what lyrics are for!

The Bottom Line: I would tell everyone and anyone to purchase it and listen to lyrics by a REAL singer not a paid writer!

A 17yr old breaks into the music business...not an original story is it? Well I first noticed Avril on late night MTV with her video for "Complicated" that prompted me to purchase the CD because I as sick of bubblegum pop. After listening to it just one time I fell so in love with the CD I had it in my player 24/7 A variety of songs from uptempo scream about guys to laid back just talk about a girls life. She relates all her songs to guys she knows or things in her life....she had something to do with EVERY song unlike most female singers these days. She plays instruments, has her own style, and has say in her music and CD. She even said she wanted the CD title changed and of course it happend! She is a singer that most girls should relate to...stop singing mushy love songs about broken hearts and talk about what really counts. Guys love her, Girl love her...what's not to love she is down to earth in her music and shows a love for entertaining and that she is fun loving and laid back as she showed in her first video. This CD is a must for anyone who is sick and tired of the whole Britney, Christina, Jessica, Mandy situation and wants a new reflection to idolize or jam out to!