Lexibook Chessman Classic

Manual for Lexibook Chessman Classic

Jan 7, 2009

Pros:Looks pretty.

Cons:Very frustrating.  Manual too brief.  Lexibook.com only in French language so no help there.

The Bottom Line: The basic game is okay, but the computer part is frustrating and useless without understanding it.  Without proper computer instruction, I'd have to say avoid it.

We want a good manual for the Lexibook Chessman Classic game.  The one provided with the game is not very extensive.  The beeps and lights of the computer are confusing and frustrating without adequate explanations.  Lexibook's website (www.lexibook.com) is only in the French language - which is fine if you read and understand French.  Good customer support is crucial and we aren't finding it with this product.  My son loves chess and begged me for this game so I bought it - thinking it would be fun to play chess with him.  So far, we are having a difficult time figuring out the nuances of the computer, especially the multi-player mode.  My son has made errors in using it and has to keep hitting "New Game" because, for example, the game won't let him select a pawn, the beeps mean something we don't know, he becomes frustrated, and I want to throw the game out the window.  We understand the rules of chess and have a nice glass chessboard.  The Lexibook chess board looks inviting and looks as though it would travel well.  I loved the feature that you could play against the computer, but without a decent manual it is most difficult to learn what the beeps and lights mean.  We could have just bought a simple chessboard (much less expensive than the Lexibook Chessman Classic computer-driven game).

My son wants to return the game to the store but I want to figure it out.  It will be worth what we paid for if we can decipher the nuances of the computer.  This, however, is only possible with an excellent manual or access to someone, or a website, who speaks in our language.

Type of Toy: Game
Age Range of Child: Whole Family

Lexibook Giant Inflatable Ball

Lexibook Giant Inflatable Ball

The Lexibook Giant Inflatable Ball measures a whopping 51. This unique item has room for one person to crawl completely inside of it. It is designed t...

Lexibook Electronic hangman

Lexibook Electronic hangman

Electronic Hangman

Lexibook Kids Laptab 7 inch MFC140EN

Lexibook Kids Laptab 7 inch MFC140EN

Lexibook Kids Laptab 7 inch - Swivel Screen - 10,000 Apps - Multimedia - Skill Learning - Touch Screen
Overstock.com

1 Lexibook Pix'n Play Digiclick Ultra Camera -jl2610- Rr4381

1 Lexibook Pix'n Play Digiclick Ultra Camera -jl2610- Rr4381

LEXIBOOK PIX'N PLAY DIGICLICK ULTRA CAMERA YOU WILL RECEIVE:1 DIGICLICK ULTRA CAMERA NEW UNUSED SEALED PACKAGING MAY BE SLIGHTLY DENTED/DAMAGED

Lexibook Electronic Poker Challenge Multi-color

Lexibook Electronic Poker Challenge Multi-color

Discover all the different ways to play poker thanks to this handheld electronic game. Play one of the six exciting poker games and challenge virtual ...

Lexibook Spider-Man Walkie-Talkies

Lexibook Spider-Man Walkie-Talkies

Your little superheroes and Spider-Man fans can keep in constant contact with the Lexibook Spider-Man Walkie-Talkies. These fun kids' walkie talkies o...

Lexibook 3KB Touchman PDA

Lexibook 3KB Touchman PDA

Personal assistant with touch screen LCD for KIDS

Lexibook Pocket Touchman -Personal Assistant

Lexibook SM1670 Pure Meteoclock Weather Station

Lexibook SM1670 Pure Meteoclock Weather Station

Barometric pressure forecast indicated by 5 animated symbols: sunny, partly sunny, cloudy, rainy and Cloud Burst.

Lexibook SM1800 Weather Station MeteoClock Evolution