Liceguard Robi Comb Electronic Head Lice Detector & Remover 1 Each Reviews

Liceguard Robi Comb Electronic Head Lice Detector & Remover 1 Each

Robi-Comb

Jun 17, 2008

Pros:Does the job it is supposed to.

Cons:This is a little bit spendy.

The Bottom Line: I think its a good idea to have this to avoid outbreaks.

For many young children and adults who interact with children lice is a serious problem. I have worked in childcare for many years and now as an elementary school teacher I am again dealing with the problem of lice. Most adults don't need to worry about l having an actual infestation of lice but on the rare occasion it happens it is nice to have effective ways to fight back.

Personally, I had made a decision to avoid any harsh chemicals or pesticides to deal with this problem. That decision led me to do some research among other teachers and parents who have dealt with this as well as to research products on the internet. The conclusion I came to was that I would need to use a multi-faceted approach.

I found a seemingly reliable product to immediately kill hatched lice (see Zero Lice review), thoroughly combed for nits and then purchased the Robi-Comb as a continued defense.

So far I have seen very good results. There are some pluses and minuses that go with the comb but overall I think it was a valuable purchase.

GOOD:
-This comb kills lice on contact. It uses an electrical signal to shock the lice but it is not so strong that it could harm or even become noticeable to a human.
-It has a continued buzzing sound to let you you the device is working and then stops humming when a louse or nit is in the comb. You don't have to guess if it's working.
-Very easy to use as far as
-Is a proactive method to avoid an infestation. Run it through your hair or your child's hair once a week or whenever you hear of a possible lice outbreak. Often you can kill the lice before they start laying eggs.
-If you continue it for more than 10 days you can mostly likely kill any new lice before they reach egg the egg laying stage of life, which would eliminate your need for using chemicals or pesticides.
-Can save money for you. If you use it correctly and frequently you can save money by avoiding a breakout of lice. Consider the cost of running the dryer to kill lice on all bedding or toys, a bottle of RID and possible time off of work.

BAD:
-I got it for a great price at $24 but it usually runs quite a bit more. Although value is relative when you consider how much a container of RID is and that this is a one time purchase.
-If you push too hard against your head the buzzing will stop (this isn't that hard either). If any dandruff or anything is stuck in the comb it will stop buzzing as well. This made me panic each time it stopped buzzing.

Liceguard Head Lice Shampoo Complete Treatment Comb Eggs Nit Non-toxic Removal

Liceguard Head Lice Shampoo Complete Treatment Comb Eggs Nit Non-toxic Removal

LiceGuard Head Lice Shampoo comb A Non-Toxic and pesticide-free solution that TRIPLES the number of nits and eggs removed through combing and restores...
Liceguard Head Lice Repellent Hair Spray Daily Prevention Eggs Nit Non-toxic

Liceguard Head Lice Repellent Hair Spray Daily Prevention Eggs Nit Non-toxic

LiceGuard Repellent Hair Spray Uses Daily lice protection made with natural ingredients. Non-toxic. 60 day supply. 24 hour protection. Purposes Lice R...