A cheap alternative to inversion therapy

Jan 2, 2005

Pros:Cheap, Well Built.

Cons:Ankle holders could be better.

The Bottom Line: Takes a little getting used to, but inversion therapy works. I didn't believe it until I gambled $150 on it.

I purchased this particular inversion table in the hope that it would help with regular lower back strains and general muscle stiffness.

I decided on the LifeGear table due to price alone. All the tables I researched looked almost identical. I really couldn't see why different brand names varied by hundreds of dollars.

I found the LifeGear Inversion Table on Target's website for $150.00, shipping included(they offer free shipping from time to time.) After it arrived, I watched the instructional video and assembled the product (assembly was a bit confusing, but there are only a few parts involved. I'd say it took me less than an hour, but I'm pretty handy at putting things together.)

When I first used this inversion table, I found the ankle holders to be a bit uncomfortable. Another person's review of this item described the ankle holders as a defect. I can see why. After adjusting to how they function, I have had no problems with them. I hang inverted with bare feet, with no discomfort, now that I've been using the machine for about two months. I am 5'10", 165 lbs, and have never had the ankle holders slip off, nor have I ever been in any danger of falling on my head. However, I can see how a larger framed person might run into problems, and I can see how this design is defective. The machine is very sturdy and heavy. All in all, at half the cost of the average inversion table, I'm not complaining.

The LifeGear Inversion Table has helped me in many ways. I'm an active runner. When I invert for about 10min following a run, I feel great. I don't wake up stiff the next morning like I used to. For that reason alone, it was worth every penny. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again.

My only complaints: I think the ankle holders could be designed better for more padding/comfort. I think a foam backboard would outlast the canvas material. If money grew on trees, I'd try out one of the $400 tables.