LifeSource One Step Auto Inflate Monitor UA-767V Reviews

LifeSource One Step Auto Inflate Monitor UA-767V

Be Health Smart by Monitoring Your Blood Pressure!

Aug 17, 2003 (Updated Aug 17, 2003)

Pros:Easy to read with auto-inflation of cuff,affordable

Cons:Occasional difficulty applying cuff by myself.

The Bottom Line: Great and easy way to monitor your blood pressure at home.Very affordable and convenient.

Even though I am a Registered Nurse, I like the ease and convenience of the LifeSource one step UA767V blood pressure monitor. It is lightweight small monitor which is easy to take with you when you are traveling. The average cost of this unit is $50, but my husband received it free since he was a veteran. This unit comes with an easy to read instruction booklet that has been written in three different languages. There is also a web site (www.LifeSourceOnline.com)and a toll-free telephone number (1-888-726-0991.

Since my husband and I both have a history of heart and blood pressure problems, it is very important that we keep a record of our blood pressure and heart rate. After you apply the cuff to your left arm (preferred), it evens has an arrow, instructions and picture on the cuff to show you how to do it correctly. You may purchase different arm cuffs, according to your needs. Our unit came with a medium cuff.You place the smooth side of the cuff against your skin after you have threaded the cuff end through the metal loop. You should always lay your arm on a table or bed, with the palm up. Then you can slide the cuff up your arm until the bottom edge of cuff is just above the elbow crease. There is a picture on the cuff showing you the proper placement. The tube from the cuff should be placed off-center so the tube is in line with your little finger. Be care when you are adjusting the cuff that you do not get it too tight. There should be room so that two fingers can slide under the top and the bottom of the cuff. Now you are ready to push the start button to monitor your blood pressure and your pulse rate.

This blood pressure unit has a large easy to read digital (LCD)screen. I like the fact that it gives you the heart rate, too. This is important to me since I have a history of tachycardia (fast rate). This unit also allows you to adjust the pressure of your cuff. You can place it as low as 150 up to 240. Since my blood pressure is about 160/90, I set my unit on 180. If my blood pressure goes higher than 180, it will retake my blood pressure and beep. If you have applied your cuff incorrectly, the digital LCD display with inform you. The error 1 will display as ERR 1, etc. Just use your instruction book to see what you need to do. The most common problem is that the cuff is not fastened or that the air connector to the display unit has not been properly connected. The error sign may indicate that your blood pressure measurements (systolic-upper reading) and (diastolic-lower reading) are too close together, or show signs of movement while taking blood pressure. In this case, you should reapply the cuff and push the start button again.

After the unit has given the readings of your blood pressure and your heart rate, all you need to do is push the start button to deflate the cuff automatically. The cuff tube may be disconnected easily from the monitor for storage. It comes with a black nylon bag to keep the unit clean. My unit does not have a memory, so I keep a separate log for my daily blood pressure readings.

The LifeSource blood pressure monitor uses 4 AA batteries. It shows you how to install these properly.Your instruction booklet will answer most of your questions like the various blood pressure standards that indicate a good blood pressure, an average blood pressure, high blood pressure and the three stages of hypertension as follows:
Stage 1 140-159 (systolic) 90-99 (diastolic)
Stage 2 160-179 100-109
Stage 3 >180 >110

High blood pressure is called hypertension and it is referred to as "the silent killer". This is because you do not always have symptoms when you have high blood pressure. If you are diagnosed early, the hypertension can be treatable. High blood pressure can lead to a stroke, heart attack or other illnesses if not detected early.

Ways to control hypertension include:
Don't smoke
Reduce salt and fat intake
Maintain proper weight
Exercise regularly
Have regular physical checkups
Monitor blood pressure at periodic intervals.

I feel it is more important to monitor your own blood pressure at home. When we go to the doctor's office, we may feel tension or anxiety which elevates your blood pressure. By taking your readings daily and keeping a record, you can really tell what is going on with your body. Keep these daily records and make sure you take them on your visits to your doctor. I love my LifeSource Blood Pressure Monitor because it is affordable, easy to use and keeps me up to date as to how my blood pressure is doing!

Lifesource Ua-787ej Quick Response Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor

Lifesource Ua-787ej Quick Response Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor

LifeSource UA-787EJ Quick Response Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor Easy-Fit Cuff Pressure Rating Indicator AC Adapter

Lifesource Ua-787ej Quick Response Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor Tm7

Lifesource Ua-787ej Quick Response Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor Tm7

LifeSource UA-787EJ Quick Response Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor TM7 *NEW*Life Source Quick Response Blood Pressure Monitor UA-787EJ Now stores ...

Lifesource Ua-767pv One Step Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor With Medium Cu.

LifeSource UA-767PV One Step Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor with Medium Cuff Features 30 reading memory with average reading display One button o...

Lifesource One Step Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor - Medium

Lifesource One Step Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor - Medium

Clinically validated for accuracy, the LifeSource Advanced One Step Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor allows you to quickly measure your pulse and b...

Lifesource One Step Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor W/med Cuff (3 Pack)

Lifesource One Step Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor W/med Cuff (3 Pack)

LifeSource UA-767PV One Step Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor w/Med Cuff (3 PACK)

Lifesource One Step Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor With Large Cuff

Lifesource One Step Auto Inflate Blood Pressure Monitor With Large Cuff

30 reading memory with average reading display One button operation Clinically validated for accuracy Irregular heartbeat feature MR52-AA109F

American Drug Supply Store
LifeSource UA-853AC premium blood pressure monitor

LifeSource UA-853AC premium blood pressure monitor

LifeSource is yet again first-to-market with an innovative new blood pressure monitor. The UA-853 features a unique departure from current monitors o...
Bodytronics

Lifesource One Step Plus Auto Inflate Blood Pressure with Memory UA767P

Lifesource One Step Plus Auto Inflate Blood Pressure with Memory UA767P

Lifesource UA767P Features: -With adult cuff up to 12.2.-Clinically validated for accuracy.-One button operation.-30 Reading memory.-Large digital dis...
Wayfair