Life Fitness 5500HR Reviews

Life Fitness 5500HR

Hands Down The Best Treadmill

Jan 18, 2000

Pros:shock absorbing track is the best, very reliable, and an accurate calorie counter

Cons:a little out of most people's price range

One of the best things about college is free access to high quality fitness equipment. My campus just built a brand new rec center and filled it with top notch equipment.

I spend at least an hour or two in the rec center everyday. I like to lift weights a lot, but am trying to incorporate a good cardio workout into my lifting routine to burn a few extra calories.

There are 3 different brands of treadmills in the rec center and Life Fitness is by far the best. The other brands are Star Tec and Image. They cannot stand up to Life Fitness.

There are lots of reasons why treadmills are good.
1. They are usually by weight equipment.
2. They often have shock absorption capabilities,
--the good ones do
--which means than it is easier on your knees than running on cement
3. The speeds adjust from 1-10 mph, which encompasses all but the most expert runner's abilities.
4. You can watch TV while you watch if you dread running
5. It's nice during bad weather to have a warm and dry place to run.

Reasons that I specifically like this Life-Fitness treadmill.
1. It is very smooth. The track never skips or jumps or makes any noise.
2. It has great shock absorption in the track. This relieves a lot of the pressure on my knees and allows me to run longer distances and more frequently than other treadmills did.
3. It never needs repair. The rec center on my campus is open 18 hours a day. These treadmills are probably used 17 hours of the day and I have yet to see one down for anything other than weekly maintenance.
4. There are a variety of workout programs that are challenging for everyone.
5. The calorie counter seems to be pretty accurate and adjusts for weight, unlike some machines.

Overall, this treadmill is the best that I've ever used. I can't think of one thing wrong with it, except for the price.

If you live in a warm climate, then you really don't need a treadmill. I run outdoors in the summer, but in the winter it is nice to run in my shorts on the 'mill.

--woodfish36

Life Fitness 5500, 5500hr Walking Belt 1ply

Life Fitness 5500, 5500hr Walking Belt 1ply

Life Fitness Treadmill Walking Belt Part Name: Walking Belt - Running Belt - Treadbelt New Replacement / Model No. 5500, 5500HR Weight: 4 lbs.1 Year W...

Life Fitness 5500, 5500hr Walking Belt 2ply

Life Fitness 5500, 5500hr Walking Belt 2ply

Life Fitness Treadmill Walking Belt Part Name: Walking Belt - Running Belt - Treadbelt New Replacement / Model No.5500, 5500HR Weight: 9 lbs.1 Year Wa...

Life Fitness 5500hr Treadmill Walking Belt / 1-ply Sand Blast

Life Fitness 5500hr Treadmill Walking Belt / 1-ply Sand Blast

LifeFitness 5500HR Treadmill Walking Belt Part Name: Walking Belt - Running Belt - Treadbelt New Replacement / Model No.Life Fitness 5500HR Weight: 4 ...

Life Fitness 5500 Walking Belt 2ply

Life Fitness 5500 Walking Belt 2ply

Life Fitness 5500 Treadmill Walking Belt Part Name: Walking Belt - Running Belt - Treadbelt New Replacement / Model No. 5500 Weight: 9 lbs.1 Year Warr...