Lil Critters Omega 3 Gummy Fish Dha 180 Fish Supplement

~~ L'il Critters Omega-3 DHA Gummy Fish ~~

Aug 6, 2012 (Updated Aug 6, 2012)

Pros:Tastes pretty good, gummy/chewy, different flavors

Cons:My kid won't eat them

The Bottom Line: L'il Critters Omega-3 DHA Gummy Fish are a great way to get omega-3 DHA into kids ... if you can convince them to eat the gummy fish!

I purchased a bottle of L'il Critters Omega-3 DHA Gummy Fish for Toddler Grace.  Unfortunately, she is not a fan of these gummy fish.

The Product
L'il Critters Omega-3 DHA Gummy Fish is available in a variety of sizes.  In retrospect, I should have purchased the smallest container initially, rather than the larger size.  I purchased it from the vitamin aisle at Target.

L'il Critters States
"Contains 32 mg of DHA per serving, which is 20% of the suggested daily intake of 160 mg of DHA. Natural lemonade, strawberry lemonade and cherryade flavors. Contains no gluten, mlik, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, or shellfish."

Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, parents may give each child two L'il Critters Omega-3 Gummy Fish per day. Instruct child to chew each gummy fish carefully and thoroughly.

Contact and Miscellaneous Information
- Website = www.gummybearvitamins.com
- Qeustions? Comments? 1-888-334-5389
- Contains fish (tuna) and soy.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Made in USA

Product information taken from product packaging.

My Experience
Well, L'il Critters Omega-3 DHA Gummy Fish failed miserably in this house.

After eating one gummy fish, my kid refuses to eat any more.  When I show her the gummies, she runs the other way.  I have tried eating one and offering her one, but she still refuses.  Of the entire bottle, she only ate one gummy fish.

The gummy fish are packaged in clear bottle with a cute picture of a bear and two kids on the front and a fish to the side.  The characters look cute and kid-friendly.  The yellow cap has the safety feature of pushing down to turn it in order to remove the cap.

Inside are gummy fish and other gummy sea creatures including a seahorse and a starfish.  The gummies come in "natural lemonade, strawberry lemonade and cherryade flavors" and are yellow and red with tiny sugar coating (that is not sour or tart).  The gummies taste alright -- much better than the fish oil omega-3 pills that I take.  They are chewy and taste fruity.  There is a very slight aftertaste to them, but nothing that I think is revolting.

I like that the L'il Critters Omega-3 DHA Gummy Fish are gummy and candy-like, though clearly neither trait helped convince my kid to eat the L'il Critters Omega-3 DHA Gummy Fish.  I probably will not repurchase the gummy fish because my kid won't eat them.  I do think they are great for getting some omega-3 DHA into kids if you can get the kids to eat them.

Overall Thoughts