Linksys WCG200 54 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless G Router Reviews

Linksys WCG200 54 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless G Router

Epinions Product Rating: OK

CONSTANT Dropped Connections

Aug 8, 2006 (Updated Aug 15, 2006)
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:All in one is nice concept

Cons:Would be nice if is had faster wireless (Speedbooster)

The Bottom Line: Initial unit was defective. Dropped connection constantly. Mfgr sent replacement. REPLACEMENT DROPS CONNECTION ALSO. STAY AWAY!!!! PIECE OF CRAP!

I have had my WCG200 v.2 for about 2 months. About a month ago, I noticed that my connection was CONSTANTLY dropping. This is a REAL pain when you have Vonage and your phones are going down all the time. Sometimes I would stay connected for most of the day, other times, 5 minutes would be all I could get.

Optimum Online came to my home twice, changed connectors at the curb and even installed a new underground cable - still, I was losing my connection. I went to Optonline's store and got a replacement Modem and used my old Linksys Wireless Router and my connection hasn't gone down in over a week. Conclusion... WCG200 is at fault!

So, I just got a replacement from Linksys and I have yet to hook it up. The odd thing is that they did NOT ship me Ver. 2. They shipped the original version with older firmware and TWO antennas. Version 2 has only one antenna. I called Linksys to complain and they told me that this is all they are shipping now (the original version - 2 antennas). Does anyone know if there is a real difference between the original and ver. 2?? Maybe ver. 2 was causing all of the problems? I will install later this week and will let you folks know if this replacement unit solves my problem.

UPDATE - August 16, 2006 - Installed replacement. Connection drops constantly - STILL. Conclusion: This is a piece of CRAP! Went back to my Motorola Surfboard and Linksys Wireless Router and I have not lost my connection yet in 3 days. Linksys WCG200 is a waste of time and money!!! It simply doesn't work! DON'T BUY!!!

Driver Availability: Don''t Know

POWER SUPPLY AC-DC 12V 1A for Linksys WCG200 Wireless-G Cable Modem Gateway w/ Built-In Wireless-G Router v1, v2 8FT Long Cord Product Features Power:...

Power: DC 12V 1A Adapter Rating input: 100V~ 240V Line frequency: 50Hz/60HzOur adapters manufactured with the highest quality materials and include la...