Linksys WCG200 54 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless G Router Reviews

Jun 18, 2008
Rated Show
  • User Rating: Disappointing

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:Easy install, and easy configuration.

Cons:Will not maintain a connection to the internet and constantly needs restarting.

I purchased my WCG200 in the summer of 2007 with the intention of having an easy solution to my home networking needs. I chose the Linksys wireless router because of my past experience and satisfaction with their products. The installation was very easy and I had it up and running the day I had brought it home.

The bad part is that it constantly drops the connection. Whenever I do anything bandwidth intensive(downloading files, watching online video, etc.) it will drop my internet connection, requiring a restart of the router. This occurs anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes of increased bandwidth use.

There is no software fix for this. After much searching, the common solution seems to purchase a separate wireless access point, connect it to the router and disable the wireless on the router. I had purchased this product in hopes of avoiding this setup.

POWER SUPPLY AC-DC 12V 1A for Linksys WCG200 Wireless-G Cable Modem Gateway w/ Built-In Wireless-G Router v1, v2 8FT Long Cord Product Features Power:...