Linksys WCG200 54 Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless G Router Reviews

Good when it works

Sep 14, 2008
  • User Rating: OK

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:When it works I am wire free in my living room

Cons:Always breaking so I am still tripping over wires

The Bottom Line: Do not buy this product it might not work and you might just waste your money

My boyfriend and I purchased the Linksys WCG200 wireless Router about a year ago. We purchased it to cut back on the number of wires going across our living room floor. It was great for a while but then we started having problems. It started as a little occurrences here and there where the Internet could not be found by my computer. I would fiddle around with the wires on the back of the Linksys and then hit reset. This worked for the longest time. Until one day it stopped working and has not started working since. The Linksys is a good tool to keep wires off the floor when it does work but that is the hard part keeping it working. I am going to either have to get it repaired or buy a new one. This should not be the case because the equipment is only a year old. If anything hitting the reset button and resetting everything should have worked.

So do not buy Linksys find another brand of wireless router that is more dependable and actually works. For the cost of this piece of junk I can think of other things that would have been more usefully than this piece of crap. If I would had spent a little more I could have gotten a more reliable wireless router. Do not trust the Linksys. Although this is the only product by them I have ever used it has been such a bad experience I do not think I would ever risk getting this bad of a product again.

Driver Availability: Don''t Know

POWER SUPPLY AC-DC 12V 1A for Linksys WCG200-CA Wireless-G Cable Modem Gateway w/ Built-In Wireless-G Router 8FT Long Cord Product Features Power: DC ...

POWER SUPPLY AC-DC 12V 1A for Linksys WCG200 Wireless-G Cable Modem Gateway w/ Built-In Wireless-G Router v1, v2 8FT Long Cord Product Features Power:...