Linksys EtherFast® LNE100TX (745883549382) Network Adapter Reviews

Linksys EtherFast® LNE100TX (745883549382) Network Adapter

Easy to set up and use

Feb 17, 2003 (Updated Apr 10, 2003)
  • User Rating: Very Good

• Ease of Installation:

Pros:easy to set up and install

Cons:there aren't any I've found yet

The Bottom Line: It works and is easy to install. Cheap also. It's a good buy, but doesn't seem to last long.

This review is for the LNE100TX ver. 5.1 of the adapter card. I bought it on sale at Best Buy with a rebate offer, giving a
final price of $5, so I felt I wasn't risking much. The computer this network card was going into was a P4-2GHz running Windows 98 SE and it was going to be connected to a 4-port Linksys router, BEFSR41. The installation was quite easy and the software installed without any problems. The card was able to connect my computer to the router and was pretty much trouble free. The network adapter has the wake-on-lan feature I don't need and didn't use, so I can't comment on whether or not this feature works. I am happy with the $5 I spent on this network adapter since it's a lot faster than my old 56K dialup connection. Oh, I should have mentioned earlier that this was a home network connected to a cable modem.

UPDATE:
on April 9, the LNE100TX stopped working. The little lights
on the back of the card doesn't light up anymore and there's
no connection to the router. I hope this is just an early
life failure, but if this is typical of Linksys products, they don't seem to last very long. Less than 3 months is just too short a lifetime, even for a $5 adapter.

Driver Availability: Windows only

SquareTrade AP6.0 This Linksys LNE100TX Etherfast 10/100 LAN Card is new and sealed in the manufacturer original retail box. Linksys LNE100TX Etherfas...