Lipton Recipe Secrets, Onion Mushroom Recipe, 2-Count 1.8-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 12) (Lipton)

Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Mushroom Recipe

Apr 13, 2008 (Updated Apr 13, 2008)

Pros: Works well for beef or chicken

Cons:MSG is present, high sodium, watch other salt intake during day

The Bottom Line: I often add a packet of Lipton Recipe Secrets when I am making any dish having ground beef as the meat ingredient.

Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Mushroom Recipe is a standby in my kitchen. I've been buying one variety or another of Lipton Onion soup mix for years. And, I often actually prepare the product as a potage per the instructions on the box.

I like onion soup in any form, with mushroom, beefy, just plain onion. It is quite flavorsome. As well, I use the packets to flavor wholesome vegetable soups.

In addition to making soup; I use Lipton’s Onion Mushroom recipe mix to flavor and enhance a variety of dishes.
This Lipton’s soup mix product is packaged as two packets of soup mix in a small box. The box has directions for mixing as a dip, as well as preparing as soup in addition in general the packaging can be relied upon to also have another recipe or two. At this time the information regarding the package is: Eight great recipes from just one box.

The box has not actually changed much over the years. The picture today is a tad different on the front of the box, however, the verbiage has remained much the same for decades.

The soup mix in the foil packets appears as bits of dried onion flakes and a brown powder. The foil packets have always been difficult for me to open by hand; I keep scissors handy in the –sharp- drawer.

=========================

Major ingredients
Onion, salt, corn starch, onion powder, sugar, corn syrup solids, caramel color, hydrolyzed soy protein, partially hydrogenated soybean oil

Allergens: corn, soy, MSG

Nutrition Information per serving size - 1 Tablespoon
Calories 20
Fat 0
Carbohydrates 4g
Protein 0
Sodium 610 milligrams

============================

I often add a packet of Lipton soup mix when I am making any dish having ground beef as the meat ingredient. Meatballs, are more flavorful, more appetizing as are hamburger patties when Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix is added to the meat mixture. I do not add additional salt.

The old snack time stand -by -onion dip- is made new when prepared using Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Mushroom Recipe. Blend 1 pk of soup mix with 16 oz sour cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Dippers we enjoy include veggies; broccoli, celery, cauliflower, carrots, as well as the usual chips, pretzels and crackers. Sons and their friends did not shy from veggies when they were offered as dippers.

Beef stew is delicious when a packet of Lipton Onion Mushroom recipe mix is added to the meat and veggies. Today Husband and I don’t often marinade or eat many large pieces of meat, however Son says the soup mix blended with a little water, oil and vinegar makes a great steak marinade. For beef stew, I like to use Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix when I cook any recipe which includes beef in the ingredient list.

Now that Sons and their friends are grown and no longer at the supper table come evening, it is only Husband and I, and I have returned to teaching; a roast in the crock pot is nice to come home to. I like to use a cheaper cut roast. In the bottom of the pot I put cut up carrots and potatoes. Add the roast, over the roast I pile onion slices and sprinkle on 1 packet of the Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix. Last I pour 1.5 C strong coffee and 1 C water over the meat and veggies. Cook on low for approximately 7 – 8 hours.

We also like chicken coated with Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Mushroom Recipe either as -rather than flour/in addition to- or other coating blend before cooking.

==========================

A recipe Husband in particular enjoys is made with potatoes.

Preheat oven 425⁰

In container having tight lid Blend: scant C vegetable oil
1 packet Onion Mushroom soup mix
1 C Parmesan Cheese, I mix shredded and hard grated

Add 3.5 C small potato chunks to soup mix
Shake to coat well
Spread coated potato chunks in 9 X 12 pan
Bake 425⁰ about 30 minutes.

==============================

I can usually find Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Mushroom Recipe at our local Wal Mart, however as transportation costs rise, and stocking fees do as well for store shelf space many products are now on the endangered list. Price varies when I do locate, and I suppose will only continue to rise as transportation costs rise.

Should you not be able to locate the mix on your store shelf it is available on several online websites including Amazon.

The flavor of Lipton Onion Mushroom soup mix is tempting when added to meat loaf mixture. Aroma of the cooking dish is enhanced with the addition of the soup mix; the scent wafts its way throughout the house. Suppertime always found my sons and their friends hanging around the kitchen, there was none of the teen angst present as portrayed on TV commercials, the ravenous youngsters I knew and fed did not need to be called twice. Happy to recommend.

=================
Molly’s Reviews
molly martin
=================

Product Details and Shipping Information from the Amazon Site:
Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds
Shipping: This item can only be shipped to the 48 contiguous states. We regret it cannot be shipped to APO/FPO, Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico.
Note: Gift-wrapping is not available for this item.
ASIN: B000EM8UJ2

$18.30 multi pack of 12 – 24 single packets packed 2 to box: Amazon

Unilever – Lipton

Lipton is one of the many products found under the Unilever umbrella of brands that hold consumer trust and choose daily.

During the 1890s, Lever Brothers founder: William Hesketh Lever, penned his ideas for Sunlight Soap. His somewhat novel notion was to make cleanliness commonplace; to lessen work for women; to foster health and contribute to personal attractiveness, that life may be more enjoyable and rewarding for the people who use our products.

I like the notion that anyone was willing, even way back then, to –lessen work for women-, I know too from personal reading, the charming pictures we have of the era of the 1890s and the period before it leave out one important component. Life in those days was just plain stinky.

During the late 19th century, the various businesses that would eventually become known as Unilever were some of the most philanthropic of their time. The group did much to advance the life and environment of their workers, generated products improving nutrition, as well as those having a constructive social impact, by making hygiene and personal care commonplace. We who live in a ‘soap and water’ society today often forget that cleanliness was harder to come by for all just a few decades ago.

Today, the Lever Brothers that my generation knew and liked, is Unilever whose high standards of company performance towards their own workforce, patrons as well as the general public including the world in which we all live; continue to be at the forefront of their business plan.

I am happy to know that the original far sightedness exhibited by William H Lever continues: Lever Brothers/Unilever has commenced or contributed to a growing sequence of initiatives to locate and use sustainable supplies of raw materials, to save from harm our surroundings, and shore up local communities.

Lipton Onion Soup & Dip Mix 4-2 Oz

Lipton Onion Soup & Dip Mix 4-2 Oz

For sale Lipton Onion Soup Dip Mix 4-2 oz. boxes. All product good till 11-14. Also great for slow cookers! Great meal ideas for any night of the week...

Lipton Diet Green Tea With Citrus - 24/16.9 Oz Bottles

Lipton Diet Green Tea With Citrus - 24/16.9 Oz Bottles

Lipton Diet Green Tea with Citrus - 24/16.9 oz bottles Lipton Diet Green Tea with Citrus - 24/16.9 oz bottles - $13.35 -This item is NEW -Manufacturer...

Lipton Onion Soup & Dip Mix 3-2 Oz

Lipton Onion Soup & Dip Mix 3-2 Oz

For sale Lipton Onion Soup Dip Mix 3-2 oz. boxes. All product good till 11-14. Also great for slow cookers! Great meal ideas for any night of the week...

Lipton To Go Stix Iced Green Tea Mix Tea And Honey Mango Pineapple 10-count (

Lipton To Go Stix Iced Green Tea Mix Tea And Honey Mango Pineapple 10-count (

- Brand NEW items - FREE standard shipping - Easy returns NEW Lipton To Go Stix Iced Green Tea Mix Tea and Honey Mango Pineapple 10-Count (Pack of 4) ...

Knorr/Lipton Rice Sides, Mushroom, 5.5-Ounce Packages (Pack of 12)

Knorr/Lipton Rice Sides, Mushroom, 5.5-Ounce Packages (Pack of 12)

Features: Pack of twelve, 5.5-ounce packages of Knorr Mushroom Rice Sides Rice and pasta blend in a savory mushroom sauce Quick and easy to prepare on...
Lipton Black Tea Bags, 100 ct

Lipton Black Tea Bags, 100 ct

Only the best tea leaves go into LIPTON Teas. We source our tea leaves from around the world and expertly blend them so you can enjoy a premium tea ex...
Soap.com

Lipton Onion Soup Shaped Cookbook

Shaped like a classic kitchen staple from pantry and fridge, this unique cookbook features easy recipes the whole family will love! Spiralbound softco...
Miles Kimball