LitterMaid Elite Mega Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box Reviews

LitterMaid Elite Mega Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box

Epinions Product Rating: Disappointing

A Waste To Buy

Oct 3, 2007 (Updated Oct 3, 2007)
Not yet rated

Pros:Can't think of anything

Cons:Rake has no power. More time spent hand dumping. Waste of clean litter.

The Bottom Line: Waste of money,litter, time, and reason for purchasing a "self-cleaning" machine.

The older model was great - until our house flooded and it had to be tossed out. Thinking the Elite would be good for our four cats (9, 7, 4, and 5 months), I went through an hour putting it together because the instructions were so confusing. After finally getting the container in correctly, as tricky as that is, we find that the rake has NO POWER when anything larger than a BB is in the litter. All that happens is five extremely loud tries, then nothing. Very expensive ($115) for a litter box that has to be manually emptied nine or ten times a day/night. Since all four cats have normal urinary and bowel functions, the rake cannot handle even one of their dumps. I would gladly trade Littermaid this piece of worthless junk for an older model. Customer Service is no help at all. They say it works - what they don't say is it works if there is NOTHING in the box! The motor is too loud, the rake has no power, the clean litter gets scooped into the container, small particles get trapped behind the rake making it even harder to keep it clean, and cleaning the litter box by hand was what I did not want. Buy the older model, or go to some other brand.

Everything you need for your LitterMaid Elite Mega Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box in one convenient set Buy together and save money Ideal for hous...