Yippie

Oct 3, 2007

Pros:easy to clean, self scooping.

Cons:a little expensive, can get "stuck"

The Bottom Line: If your tired of scooping litter boxes, give this one a try, it really works

I happen to have a cat which I love and want to stay indoors with me. Scooping letterboxes is not my specialty however. I have dealt with many kinds of litter every day of my life because my father is a veterinarian. I was sick of having to deal with it day after day. Finally this summer my mother and I decided to try a self scooping litter box for my indoor cat (who she has to take care of while I'm at school)

It was amazing! I put the parts of the LitterMaid Elite Mega Automatic Self-cleaning Litter Box together and everything seemed wonderful. It has its fallbacks of course, but I find the pleasure outweighs the troubles.

Self Scooping

This litter box has a rake that travels the length of the box, picking up any messes your cat has made, and pushes them into the waste bin at the end of the box. You don't have to scoop it up yourself. If the cat pees in just the wrong spot though you need to give it a little bit of a helping hand, but it doesn't seem to happen all that often.

Easy to Change

The litter receptacle pops out when you push down on two circles, and then you just pick it up and through it away. There is a carbon thing in them to keep the smell from escaping as well. Then you put a new one in, making sure things are lined up well, all in about 5 minutes at the most.

Nice Design

The design of the LitterMaid Elite Mega Automatic Self-cleaning Litter Box is simple yet effective. It comes with a ramp so your cat can easily climb in or out, even if they are a tiny kitten, and it has a special material on it so the litter isn't carries all the way down to your carpet or floor. It is a sleek design that fits together in a matter of moments. The colors are white and a light blue and they go well together and don’t look tacky. It is nicer than the older models that they have.

Easily Disassembled

It’s easy to take apart; you just lift things out and pop a few things out, so it’s easy to clean. Just a little rub here and there with the paper towel or sponge, whatever you end up cleaning with. Then you just put it right back together.

The LitterMaid Elite Mega Automatic Self-cleaning Litter Box is a nice edition for a home with a cat, but it can get expensive getting all of the receptacles, but they last at least a week or more, that is if you only have one cat using them anyway.

If you are tired of scooping and have a little extra money to get something for your cat with then the LitterMaid Elite Mega Automatic Self-cleaning Litter Box is a perfect addition for your home.